• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Introducing... Milly!!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Congratulations! Milly is stunning, so beautiful :cloud9:

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I'm a little jealous of you guys up north! Both that you're close enough to get together and that you have bird rescues nearby!

What a beautiful bird! How are you handling quarantine? Is it as difficult as I suspect to not cross contaminate things?
A lot of hand washing and boiling water! Lol Milly likes large pieces of fruits and veggies that she can pick up and nibble on. She threw banana slices at the wall but when I broke a banana in half she grabbed it right up and chowed down. Finger foods are definitely her thing!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Congratulations on Milly. She is a real beauty and has a kind look to her. 25 years old is just right - they are over most of the silliness and hormones by then and make a fine companion.

What do you know about her history?
she's a mellow gal for sure. All I really know about her is that she was surrendered at the rescue a little over 3 years ago. The cage I have her in is much bigger than the cages the hys were living in so I think she should be quite comfy until I can let her roam around freely with the rest of the crew. She definitely wants out already but unfortunately she's just going to have to wait a while. She's fully flighted and I've ordered a flight harness for her. My house is fairly large but a stadium it's not! LOL

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Ohhh she’s beautiful!
A possible online GF for @faislaq s handsome Buzz :heart: :lol:
We need to arrange a date with Buzz once Milly gets cleared by the vet testing and settled in. Buzz is one handsome guy so she'll probably be throwing herself at him!!! LOL

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Ohhh she’s beautiful!
A possible online GF for @faislaq s handsome Buzz :heart: :lol:
We need to arrange a date with Buzz once Milly gets cleared by the vet testing and settled in. Buzz is one handsome guy so she'll probably be throwing herself at him!!! LOL
Wow, she is gorgeous! Not that I'm partial or anything. I don't think Buzzard would know what to make of her despite his entry in the Wild Thing contest! :embarassed: Maybe a young buck like Shaylor could keep up with her, right @Nikomania? :laugh:

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
View attachment 324787 View attachment 324788
Her cage looked great early this morning, not sure what happened! Lol She likes to shred the vet tape from her perches. May have to rethink think this... I bought an 18" shallow natural bamboo bowl so she can take a quick dip whenever she wants. This will have to do until vet tests are back, and the quarantine time is over. Then she can officially hang out at The Spa!!!
Very nice looking macaw!!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Very nice looking macaw!!
she's got near perfect feathering. I really love the aqua and deep blue coloring along her backside and tail. I just ordered a long acrylic travel carrier for her. I had to bring her home in a great big dog crate! It weighed a ton!!!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Welcome home beautiful! :heart:

I look forward to seeing her flourish with you. She's hit the jackpot with you as her new Momma! :caller:
Thanks Claire! And thank you so much for helping me select some awesome staple foods for her. I couldn't have done it without you!!!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
she's got near perfect feathering. I really love the aqua and deep blue coloring along her backside and tail. I just ordered a long acrylic travel carrier for her. I had to bring her home in a great big dog crate! It weighed a ton!!!
You found a gem indeed. I'm jealous!! Lol.

aDORYble

Strolling the yard
Chelsea #TikiTembo and I took a road trip the other day to Kiki's Play house Parrot Rescue in Lansing, Mich. We had an awesome day! The birdies were all terrific, but I was looking for a special macaw. I've had the 5'x5'x7' macaw cage for 3 years and the time was right to bring home a new baby. Milly took to me right away. She let me scritch her head and wanted to climb onto my shoulder (Not allowing that maneuver quite yet). After an hour of scrutinizing available birdies, I decided Milly the hybrid Milligold Macaw was simply the perfect one for me! She's a beautiful 25 year old with splendid, very vibrant coloring. I

I have replaced all the perches with one's appropriate for Milly since I snapped these pics. So far she likes banana, carrots, Apple wedges, zucchini sticks, steamed sweet potatoes, fresh broccoli, and asparagus tips! She's a very quiet girl, but she's in a new place so that's to be expected. We go Tuesday morning to our avian vet for full spectrum testing. Fingers crossed all is well!

I will take better photos of her when she gets a little more settled in. But so far, so good!!!

View attachment 324782 View attachment 324783
She’s beautiful!!!!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Trisha, she's beautiful! They used to call me Milly a million years ago. So your new fid & I share a name. I :heart: her feathers!!!

I'm glad she landed in her forever home w/ a great birdy Momma that will give her the very best of everything. I'm a little sad it took 3 years @ the rescue. I know compared to others it isn't the longest visit by far... :grumpy:

@Love My Zons
Do you carry the Caitec cookies in your shop? Buddy's in love w/ them. They're so good too w/ all the yummy seeds, spices, veggies & fruits.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Trisha, she's beautiful! They used to call me Milly a million years ago. So your new fid & I share a name. I :heart: her feathers!!!

I'm glad she landed in her forever home w/ a great birdy Momma that will give her the very best of everything. I'm a little sad it took 3 years @ the rescue. I know compared to others it isn't the longest visit by far... :grumpy:

@Love My Zons
Do you carry the Caitec cookies in your shop? Buddy's in love w/ them. They're so good too w/ all the yummy seeds, spices, veggies & fruits.
I do, and just got in a few of the new flavors. :)

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia

@Love My Zons
Thanks! She's acclimating just fine and I'm figuring out what foods she likes. She took one bite of a strawberry and threw it at me! Lol