• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Introducing foods to 5 week old quaker

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Tracy! :starshower1:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Welcome and that is a good time to induce all kinds of new things

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
You can start offering fresh foods however your baby may not start eating them. If your baby ignores them, that's okay, just keep offering a little at a time. Eventually, your baby may start exploring the new food, but again, wont eat it. That will take time.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You can try offering different foods after he's eaten his formula. Babies often feel more confident about trying new foods if their immediate needs have been met and they aren't worried about being hungry.

QuakerMom

Moving in
Real Name
Tracy
You can try offering different foods after he's eaten his formula. Babies often feel more confident about trying new foods if their immediate needs have been met and they aren't worried about being hungry.
After l fed him l gave him a piece of apple, at first he was scared of it, then he took a couple of nibbles so l was happy about that,

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Hi & welcome! Does your little one have a name yet or are you waiting to see what his personality is like? If he's still taking feedings, I'd suggest mashing the food you give him initially. Kiwi loved banana and it turned out being her first word - spoken like a true Minion.

QuakerMom

Moving in
Real Name
Tracy
Hi & welcome! Does your little one have a name yet or are you waiting to see what his personality is like? If he's still taking feedings, I'd suggest mashing the food you give him initially. Kiwi loved banana and it turned out being her first word - spoken like a true Minion.
His name is Jack, actually l tried a small piece of apple he took a few nibbles, l was happy about that, l seen him for the first time today nibbling at his millet

QuakerMom

Moving in
Real Name
Tracy
This afternoon when I took him out for a feeding he showed signs of aggressive behaviour, maybe being aggressive because of his cage?

QuakerMom

Moving in
Real Name
Tracy
Jacks almost 6 and a half weeks now, starting to eat his seed, pellets not so much yet, he doesn’t seem to want to explore the rest of his cage, At the bottom of the cage I put care fresh down while He was still being fed when do you think I should take the care fresh away so it’s just a regular cage? I thought he would’ve been climbing all over the place by now and wanting to explore lol