• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Intro to Monami, and finally a collar!!

Patti W.

Moving in
Real Name
Patricia Wilgosz
I am new to all of this and excited. And I did spend time reading all of your insights and suggestions:).Learning!! My Monami looks like Teka!! (I hope I spelled her name right). With a bit more peach colored fuzz. She pulls out her feathers and chews on them.” ;..o I was very fortunate to hatch her from an egg.
Last month she turned 21 Yrs old.! She has her moments where she talks up a blue streak. Sometimes she mixes up the grouping of words for something different. Her latest is to tell the 2 fur babies”Get in the Bed”.. Imagine my surprised “What!! lol “ . She does do some funny things as well. At one point she was very tame, she never flew at all, she hops. Does back flips she will get up in my hand still. I always played with her feet and started with a perch to make her step backwards. But I physical got hurt then my husband became sick. So I will have to start all over. I’m some areas.
I thought your idea of the collar is perfect, and easily manageable. And I’m hoping I’ll be able to make her one so she’ll stop pulling out her feathers. Thank you all so very much. I’m not in Australia or Canada :0 just the good ol’ USA. ;)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Sorry I have no clue who Teka is but I am curious what kind of bird your Monami is.

Patti W.

Moving in
Real Name
Patricia Wilgosz
Thank you Macawnutz:)
Shezbug, she is a Goffin peach crown and on her belly.:)

Patti W.

Moving in
Real Name
Patricia Wilgosz
I see your beautiful Blue McCaw(?)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award