• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Intro to all the non feathered babies

Jogging around the block
I'm going to start out with the pigeons which yes I know they're birds but I forgot them in my other introduction to the birds-
Silver , 1 - 2 y/o Male Racer bred from a bird show, and his brother Pebbles 1 - 2 y/o Male also racer from the same place, purchased together. Cloud is a baby we rescued off the road, thought we had accidentally run the poor thing over, but he's got lucky and managed to survive us and the next lane of traffic without a scratch. Couldn't fly at all and was on the highway so took him in. Think he might have fell out of the nest, force fed him for a week and then started eating on his own. I THINK male but don't know, about 6 months old. Out flying well with his adopted brothers. Pebbles the boss always bullies the others but I haven't found a way to stop him :bored: . Spoiled rotten with all the food they like and never locked up (but working on coop training them just at night or when it's too dangerous for them to be out).

2 Fat lil guinea piggies. Peaches, F ginger shorthair 2 y/o , bought her from the pet store when she was terrified on her own :( but she fat n happy and lazy now ahah. Midnight, F 5 y/o black shorthair. Bought from petstore with her sister (RIP Blackberry , waddle high in the sky) . Also recently passed Sarah who was another pet store loner rescue (RIP, waddle high in the sky) , couldn't do anything for kidney problems sadly.

6 Rabbits (well one my sister but I take care of it so it's pretty much mine :rolleyes:) Three sisters, Flopsy , F grey Minilop 5 y/o , Mopsy F grey Minilop 5 y/o , Snowflake F white Minilop 5 y/o, all bought together from pet store. Lucy F 5 y/o Giant Flemish wild rabbit colour , a rescue from the petting zoo after she wasn't wanted for previous eye injury and they were likely gonna eat her, she's happy now :) . Milo M 3 y/o Rex cross Giant Flemish Caramel-ish colour , rescued from pet store as a VERY skinny baby. Recently Waffles (technically my sisters but like I said ;) ) M 4 month old Rex cross Giant Flemish grey and white patches , bought from pet store after he had been there for months on his own after having his brothers taken away.

1 Hare .Willow M 1 y/o Hare Wild rabbit colour. Rescued by a friend of my mum after being on the road in the middle of the night in a storm as a tiny baby just weaned. Had a major eye infection and the vets though he wasn't gonna make it but he did, he's a happy one-eyed hare now.

1 Dog. Jupiter M 3 y/o Black with white chest/belly with black flecks small Fox Terrier cross. Rescued as a tiny howling skinny baby from the pet store . He doesn't like to eat his human grade steak, no , plastic and specifically tissues and toiler paper :meh: ofc we take them off him.

3 horses (One my sister but y'know I take care of em one lease but going to buy) First my first horse. Mouse Mare 21 y/o Warmblood/arab show pony 14.3 hh red bay , I love her to bits and still ride her a little, she's been through a lot. Second horse Maverick Gelding 17 y/o OTTB 16.2 hh dark bay with blaze. I don't ride him but nobody really wants him and he's a silly little charm, lease atm but will prolly buy, he's also been through alot. My sisters horse ( ;) ) Poppit Mare 10 y/o sec C welsh 12.3 hh blonde-bay with stripe lease but will buy one eyed due to genetic disease lease owners wanted to sell but it's really hard for her to adjust to new places from her eye so we have her now.

hate to call them this but kind of half pets, 1 pony going home to lease owner soon and 2 (used to be three but there was an escapee, i think shes doing well) 3/4 wild mice i just kind of keep and feed, theres a way for them to get out if they REALLY try so if they're smart enough to do that I think they'll be fine living wild in the shed with all the spare bird seed lol (I also have a food and water station for the wild mice) .

I have thirty something but we're still managing vet bills fine so THERE WILL BE MOREE

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow, it sounds like quite the menagerie! I agree, we need pictures. :)

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
you can acess AA through your phone as well if that makes it any easier

Jogging around the block
you can acess AA through your phone as well if that makes it any easier
Thanks to my mother I don't have a phone, I have my sister's ipad though which I take most photos on. I'll do that. Thanks I'm not very smart with technical things :wacky:

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award