• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

intro: Little Harold

JoannaHarold

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joanna
Hello and Thank you for introducing me to the Macaw Forum.
Little Harold is a 7 yr old who is adorable but because of his previous owners (who passed away 3 wks ago) aggressive way of "playing" with him has some biting in play issues that must end asap. Im learning all I can from here and the web and hope to have a long happy relationship with the wonderful creature.
Thank you.
Joanna.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Nerd and I would finger wrestle and he'd do stylized head flips and scream like he was going to kill me and bury me in the back yard. I'd try to tap a wing and he'd try to grab me and we'd go back and forth trying to grab each other and roll around. If I went OUCH! he'd be mortified and stop. I bet if you watch his body language and make it clear that you won't like or accept a hard nip he'll get the idea and start pulling his punches. We played very hard too and he only allowed me to play rough, anyone else would upset him if they tried to do it and I could tussle his head and pick him up one handed and he was fine with it, but only from me, it was our thing and we had all kinds of games that had to be played just so. He doesn't know that the way he always played with his chosen one doesn't work for you but if he likes and trusts you I bet he'll learn the new rules with some time and work.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

:welave:

I hope you'll :heart: it here as much as Buddy & I do! There's many years of experience here & everyone shares for the goodness of the fids on AA. I haven't found a better place to share & have gotten so past the point of looking. This is home!

JoannaHarold

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joanna
Nerd and I would finger wrestle and he'd do stylized head flips and scream like he was going to kill me and bury me in the back yard. I'd try to tap a wing and he'd try to grab me and we'd go back and forth trying to grab each other and roll around. If I went OUCH! he'd be mortified and stop. I bet if you watch his body language and make it clear that you won't like or accept a hard nip he'll get the idea and start pulling his punches. We played very hard too and he only allowed me to play rough, anyone else would upset him if they tried to do it and I could tussle his head and pick him up one handed and he was fine with it, but only from me, it was our thing and we had all kinds of games that had to be played just so. He doesn't know that the way he always played with his chosen one doesn't work for you but if he likes and trusts you I bet he'll learn the new rules with some time and work.
Dartman thank you very much for telling me your lovely antics with Nerd !!! I agree wth your previous advice and yes, right now im trying to earn his trust and respect. Thank you! Xx

JoannaHarold

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joanna

:welave:

I hope you'll :heart: it here as much as Buddy & I do! There's many years of experience here & everyone shares for the goodness of the fids on AA. I haven't found a better place to share & have gotten so past the point of looking. This is home!
Thank you Rain Bow and Buddy !!!
Yes I feelim in a good place.
Xx
Joanna and Oscar and and Little Harold !!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum!