• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Interspecies Besties

Laura729

Jogging around the block
image.jpeg My dog (Blue) and cat (Duncan) are the very best of friends, and have been ever since they met 7(!) years ago. It's very sweet. They both had some rough times, from what I know, before being adopted, so maybe they bonded over that :)
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Laura729

Jogging around the block
Is Blue a whippet? Your dog and cat are beautiful!
Well, I fostered Blue and his sister from (supposedly) the same Italian Greyhound litter, dumped at a rural shelter by a back yard breeder, starting when they were about a year old. However, his sister (who ended up being adopted by a good friend and we all still get to see each other) was about 12 pounds (which is within average IG range), but Blue (who was adopted by me and we have been together almost 13 years now :heart:) has averaged about 27 pounds (wayyy big for an IG), haha. I think he's probably part IG and part whippet. :)

Thanks so much! I don't know how I've gotten so lucky to have all my wonderful boys (Blue, Dunc, and, of course, the bird boys)!

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very cute!

alcmene

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm so glad this thread turned out to be adorable. I was cringing when I opened it because I was 1/2 sure it was going to be somebody letting tgeir bird ride piggyback in their dog or some other similar but equally terrible idea

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Adorable. :)

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran