• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Interesting call about a Indian Ringneck just now.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Ok, most of you know I lost Lurch about 3 years ago now but I keep updating his lost ad on Craigslist. Every so often I get a call about a similar looking bird that isn't Lurch. Just now a Lady in Washington across the river from me called to see if I wanted the Indian Ringneck she rescued from laying in a field at a nearby farm. I don't think he'd be a good fit with Dobby and I /we have enough to do taking care of Dobby and the bird has been vetted and fed and rehabbed to the point it appears he/she is now fine.
I told her to join here and post him up for rehoming and walked her to this website so hopefully she joins shortly and posts here. She did say she has about 300 in vet bills but she was much more concerned he finds a loving forever home.
Anyway kind of a heads up and introduction if she comes here looking for a new home for him, she says he's pretty pissy right now but eating and moving around fine now and vet said health is good so let's hope she shows up and it works out for everyone.

EnglishBudgMom

Walking the driveway
Does she have an ad on CL for him? I saw an IRN for sale on CL the other day. (I'm across the river from you, but obviously not the lady that found the IRN... (I'd want to keep it)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Does she have an ad on CL for him? I saw an IRN for sale on CL the other day. (I'm across the river from you, but obviously not the lady that found the IRN... (I'd want to keep it)
I don't know, she said she'd gotten about 17 emails saying it was their bird till she mentioned the vet bill and suddenly it wasn't their bird anymore. So she may have. I'm just not ready to take on another bird right now and Dobby is happy having us all to himself. I watch the local found pet ads just in case and haven't seen it not that it means anything.

Reactions: Ali

EnglishBudgMom

Walking the driveway
I checked again, and the IRN on CL is listed from Beaverton... so probably not her. I'm surprised she hasn't surrendered it to our local bird store (very similar to Bird Hut in SE Pdx). They take rescues (and sell them) all the time. I'm not sure how I feel about the selling part, but at least they find homes with bird people.