• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Instant Pot Air Fryer Oven

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone has one of these?

I saw an article that only the drip trays have non stick coating and the overheat protection sounds good.

I am wondering if the appliance only heats up to 200C, does fumes get released? I understand that the toxic fumes get released when the coating is heated above a high temperature so what if the heating is controlled and safe?

My husband really wants to get an air fryer and when he asks me about the above, I'm actually unsure how to respond. I'm trying to find one that could potentially be bird safe.

We have a pressure cooker that has a non stick pot but the appliance doesn't heat higher than 180C so no issues so far.

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
I have a ceramic coated air frier.

Aria Teflon-Free 7 Qt. Premium Ceramic Air Fryer with Recipe Book, Black Amazon.com

Feathery

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nichole
There are options for air fryers thay don't release harmful chemicals into the air. I'll put the link below. I suggest to still do your own research.

I have the Instapot Air Fryer and I love it! But I've had it since before I had birds. When I use it, I take it onto my enclosed patio that doesn't share ventilation system with my home.

I've read that if the coating gets marred or scratched, the harmful chemicals can get released as lower temps. I'm not certain of the validity, but I'd not risk it either way.

clarousel

There are options for air fryers thay don't release harmful chemicals into the air. I'll put the link below. I suggest to still do your own research.

I have the Instapot Air Fryer and I love it! But I've had it since before I had birds. When I use it, I take it onto my enclosed patio that doesn't share ventilation system with my home.

I've read that if the coating gets marred or scratched, the harmful chemicals can get released as lower temps. I'm not certain of the validity, but I'd not risk it either way.
Thanks for the link!

The most accessible brands for me that I know are trustworthy are Instant Pot and Ninja. There are so many good brands in the US but unfortunately I can't get them here. Will continue to research!

I guess the risk is there with any non stick product and that's the main issue.