• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Instagram help please

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
I know nothing about Instagram but somehow managed to make an account. I was really surprised I managed to get that far. I have no patience. Lol my question is if I follow someone do people I follow or that follow me see each other? Does that make sense?

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Not an Instagram expert but people you follow or follow you will be listed publicly. Anyone can see there account if its public.
Its a strange forum as you have to upload a photo to make a post.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
If you make your account private then only the people you allow/accept to “follow” you can see your pictures/posts and they can also see who you’re following.
I have a few friends I follow with private accounts and others can see I follow them but they can’t see what their content is.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Irony of ironies! I've just tried @Mizzely's link regarding privacy and they won't let me connect through my VPN - 403 error. So I have to drop my my privacy to read about privacy. :roflmao:
Such is the world we live in today :wacky:

BirdLady13

Sprinting down the street
I'm computer savvy and can navigate Instagram, but everything about this thread sounds so complicated. :laugh: Feel free to message with any specific questions and I can send you screenshots for guidance.

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
Instagram is the only thing social media site I'm trying. I got interested after @sunnysmom posted about the parrots at the shelter she volunteers at and started following them. I've found some members and if I'm doing it right are following them as well. I have no interest in Facebook or other sites, just want a place to look at pictures.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have no interest in Facebook or other sites, just want a place to look at pictures.
Same. I like the simplicity of instagram and straight to the point. Makes for a more enjoyable time looking through the site :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Instagram is the only thing social media site I'm trying. I got interested after @sunnysmom posted about the parrots at the shelter she volunteers at and started following them. I've found some members and if I'm doing it right are following them as well. I have no interest in Facebook or other sites, just want a place to look at pictures.
I don't use any other social media sites but I do use and enjoy Instagram.