• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Inspection time

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh, your trio is so cute! Maybe a little shadow boxing up there?

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
Oh my gosh, your trio is so cute! Maybe a little shadow boxing up there?
Thanks! Lol. Yep, they still don't let Blueberry (turqouise on the top of the cage) too much closer than that without a big squabble. But, he remains presistent. Poor guy :)

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I think I missed when you got Blueberry! Jellybean is like my Caspar, indifferent hahaha they all look so happy!

NorthernGannet

You wouldn't have missed it if you lived within about 2000 sq ft of this house! He was (still is sometimes) that loud. Haha. He was a rehome and has now been with me 4 months, 1.5 weeks. He is totally different from Sprite and Jellybean, and we're all still working on living together harmoniously. I haven't posted much about him because there's really too much complication to put into words: he's loud, he's loving, he's emotionally needy, he's a little lonely, and he's learning.

Learning ...... just yesterday he 'learned' that if he put his face inside one of the smaller plastic treat cups and gave a hugely forceful chirp, that it echoed really loudly. And, he thought that was cool enough to repeat over and over and over. Then he got mad when I took the cup away and he switched to his super loud screeching. So really there's no winning with him sometimes!

-NG

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Aww sounds like he needs a buddy :roflmao: You'll have a rainbow of linnies! I can't imagine linnies being loud, mine can be sometimes, but compared to my lovebird and conure it's nothing!

NorthernGannet

I know! I'd never heard anything about them being this loud, it never even occurred to me as being a possibility. But yes, he makes things in the room ring with his shrill screeches (you know when something is so loud the surrounding stuff reverberates). Plus even his "normal" linnie sounds he does overly loudly (but not shrill). I think he just likes to be .... loud! Lol. So I am really working with him on it, he has made a lot of progress actually, but there is still a lot more to go. His general anxiety has calmed a LOT. He is stiill quite reactionary, and his response to many normal noises is: screech screech screech! It's awesome when he suddenly belts it out while on my shoulder! holy moly.

I've thought about the buddy thing too, apparently he did used to have a mate before she passed. Since Sprite and Jellybean clearly aren't having him, and he has a nice big cage all to himself, I have been keeping an eye out but haven't found anyone yet. I don't even know if it'd really help or not. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just not the perfect home for him. Maybe he needs a home with no other linnies and a human(s) who will devote all kinds of one-on-one time. He is very people oriented. Or, maybe he does just need his own personal linnie buddy. I really don't know, and he's not answering me yet :)

So for now, I'm just working on reshaping what I can and hope it'll be enough for the both of us!