• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Inky Updates

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Vet said it was not necessary for blood test for a food allergy to me. The slow way is just to eliminate the suspected culprit from the diet. If a food allergy is suspected, then most of the time it is the chicken. Very few pet foods have no chicken. Look for limited ingredients on the label. Hope your pup will be ok.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I used to work for Purina, and they are truly a good company that cares. Research is ongoing and they do have so many kinds of foods for our animals. @Sparkles99 I am so glad you found a solution. The kitty must have been miserable. I do not feed cats any fish products either. Read an article about urine crystals/bladder stones in animals. The article said the fine bones in some fish get ground up in the food and raise the calcium levels, possible causing the crystals and or stones. One of my cats did have bladder stones and I had a choice of diet change or laparoscopy surgery to remove the stones. I went for the diet change of course and it worked well. She was on Royal Cannin the rest of her life.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yikes! Ground bones?!

Whitefish also triggers allergies in many animals.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
What a beautiful girlie :)

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Vet said it was not necessary for blood test for a food allergy to me. The slow way is just to eliminate the suspected culprit from the diet. If a food allergy is suspected, then most of the time it is the chicken. Very few pet foods have no chicken. Look for limited ingredients on the label. Hope your pup will be ok.
For the dog that had the tests it was not just food allergies, that dog is allergic to about to most trees and grasses on top of her food allergies.
I have a salmon (I think it was salmon) flavour food coming, and if that one helps I am gonna try and introduce one with lamb, but currently lamb is on my suspect list too.
Other then some red skin my pup is an absolutely fine hyper crazy nut :lol: