• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Injured wing!

mybluebirb

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mk
My Indian ringneck parrot has an injured wing! I was so scared when I saw it, I searched it up (which I knew I shouldn’t have done because it makes me panic even more seeing the results) and it came up with info about tumours and stuff like that. That made me break down crying, I’m really worried about my parrot, I just love her so much.

71EC60E9-9794-4103-9561-E4B99185EF89.jpeg
This is a picture of her injured wing, do you guys think it’s just a normal injury? I do remember yesterday my cousin saw my parrot jump off of something and she said that my parrot hurt her wing but I didn’t think much of it, maybe she did just injure herself? I don’t think her wing hurts her and in the picture it’s wet. The injured part of the wing has a bit of a lump but maybe that’s just dried blood?

Can anyone please reply telling me what they think it is? Thank you... :sad4:

Last edited:

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Please take your bird to an avian vet. We can't tell how bad the injury is or what caused it without examining her, and she needs treatment for the wound. This will probably involve painkillers, antibiotics, perhaps anti-inflammatories and potentially debridement (removal of dead tissue).

Is she eating and drinking? Keep her warm and calm, and try not to let her move her wing around too much.

mybluebirb

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mk
Please take your bird to an avian vet. We can't tell how bad the injury is or what caused it without examining her, and she needs treatment for the wound. This will probably involve painkillers, antibiotics, perhaps anti-inflammatories and potentially debridement (removal of dead tissue).

Is she eating and drinking? Keep her warm and calm, and try not to let her move her wing around too much.
Thanks for the reply, yes she is eating and drinking, she is the same as she usually is, nothing has changed. We have made a vet appointment for her.

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's hard to tell, and you'll need a vet either way. Even if it is a tumor, it can probably be treated.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope that all will be well. Let us know the results of the appt.