• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Injured love bird

KiandFi

Moving in
Real Name
Ki
Hi I’m new here and very worried

I have 2 love birds called Fiji and ki. I used to have one called trevor and he passed away from an incident that caused to much shoc 3 years ago which broke my heart and since then I’ve always been extremely paranoid to make sure my birds are always okay.

Today ki injured herself as was climbing up the curtain and fell off, falling straight to the ground. Right after that she did not move and kept falling asleep. It has now been an hour and she is moving around however, she is limping and will fall asleep randomly. She is usually very fidgety and is always doing something. She is also very vocal. All of that has mostly stopped. I am so worried about her and there is no vets near us. Do you think she will be okay naturally?

she still walks on her Foot however it is pointed inward and she is limping she is becoming more herself now by trying to rip paper however I am still so worried as she is not 100%.

thank you for listening

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bump

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Do you think she will be okay naturally?
I would take her to get looked at for sure. Not only because she got hurt, but because she fell to the floor and didn´t flutter to break the fall and land softly or fly away. That could indicate there is an underlying problem.

Contact your avian vet and see when they can get you in. Tell them of the fall over the phone, don´t just ask for ¨an appointment¨ or they put you in the ¨normal¨ queue with folks going in for annuals or beak trims. Hopefully they will be able to squeeze you in sooner rather than later.

They may ask you when she laid an egg last, so I would make a note of that date.

Reactions: tka