• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent injured cockatiel

BirbBrain

Walking the driveway
my 'tiel muffin just got attacked my kiwi. they usually like each other and get along well but for some reason kiwi attacked muffin. muffin's eyes are red and some feathers on her head have been pulled out. she also has a scratch on her beak. right now I separated them and gave muffin time to rest and put some food and water next to her
ill try to get her to the vet asap (which is in like a couple of days.)
is there anything I should do in the meantime?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
What is kiwi? Another bird? If so what kind?

There’s not much information to be able to help with but generally keep them quiet warm and calm till they can be taken to the vet.

BirbBrain

Walking the driveway
What is kiwi? Another bird? If so what kind?

There’s not much information to be able to help with but generally keep them quiet warm and calm till they can be taken to the vet.
kiwi is another cockatiel.

BirbBrain

Walking the driveway
my 'tiel muffin just got attacked my kiwi. they usually like each other and get along well but for some reason kiwi attacked muffin. muffin's eyes are red and some feathers on her head have been pulled out. she also has a scratch on her beak. right now I separated them and gave muffin time to rest and put some food and water next to her
ill try to get her to the vet asap (which is in like a couple of days.)
is there anything I should do in the meantime?
update: just saw that muffin's toe is bent, I think it's broken.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Have you managed to secure an appointment time? If there are possible broken bones then you'll want that vet appointment asap. Until your vet trip I suggest keeping the birds separate and setting up a smaller cage so you can keep your injured bird safe warm and quiet.

BirbBrain

Walking the driveway
Have you managed to secure an appointment time? If there are possible broken bones then you'll want that vet appointment asap. Until your vet trip I suggest keeping the birds separate and setting up a smaller cage so you can keep your injured bird safe warm and quiet.
I have done that, and my mom is taking her to the vet tmrw