• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Injured Cockatiel Wing

BirdDad

Meeting neighbors
A few days ago my cockatiel seemed to have hurt her wing.
I thought it was fine. She didn't seem hurt after then and for the next few days she seemed completely fine.
A few minutes ago she tried to fly and now it seems hurt again.
It dangles a bit but she can still move it. She seems to be in pain.
I just took her to the vet recently for a broken blood feather and right now I have no money for the vet. Absolutely nothing. What can I do for her right now?

Birdie Onions

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tarryn
Hi, for now try not to let her use her wing. If she has a large cage, rather put perches around so she can navigate to her food and water by climbing down on perches.
When out try keep her calm and in a room where she feels comfortable in an isn't likely to fly.
And try get her to a vet as soon as your finances allow you to.
Watch her eating habits and body language carefully, as in does she sleep normally leg up and head in feathers.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope your little bird is okay! Hopefully it's just an irritated blood feather, but if it doesn't go away soon, or if she gets worse, you should try to take her to the vet.