• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Injured cockatiel. Help

mybirdandi

Moving in
Real Name
Alyssa Brown
Old wound opened up after he fell from his quarantine cage. It’s a pyrostyle injury. I’m worried about the recovery. He’s taking antibiotics since Friday and I’ve started topical ointment today which is why it’s wet. Does it look very concerning ?

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Doesn´t look good. Are you able to call your vet and request they take a look at a picture you email over? See what they say.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I second contacting the vet especially with it being in that area infection could set in,I know you said your already giving him antibiotics so that's good but he may need more or a different type of med.
I hope that he will be ok.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Ohh that does not look good :) How did you go with this little one? Manage to get a vet appointment?

mybirdandi

Moving in
Real Name
Alyssa Brown
He has been to the vet twice. His wound seems to be healing. No discharge, no bleeding. Applying topical three times a day. He comes with me to work and I have to change his papers often because of the Megabacteria. I am also using probiotics atm as well. He drinks well. I just fear because he is stunted and underweight because of the megabacteria. This could ultimtely lead to him being deficinet in many vitamins and minerals so I am just trying my best with what I can at the moment. Still very chripy, moving around a lot, and always keen for a cuddle so that is good. Seeing vet again Monday.