• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Infrared Heat Panel Placement

addflower

Moving in
I'm ordering a new custom cage and getting custom acrylic panels on the back to protect the wall (I rent). If you have an infrared heat panel (I have the one made by AviTech) where on your cage do you put it?

Right now the heat panel I have is on the back of the cage somewhat in the middle. I haven't had it plugged in all summer since we never put the a/c lower than 75 and my CAG's cage is near a window where it winds up being warmer anyway. But in the winter it can get quite cold at night and she plucks so I offer it. I didn't think it should be the highest perch in the cage, since she's likes to swing and play from her toys and I didn't want her to be affected by it. Here's a photo of the back of her cage that I took to show Expandable Habitats what it looks like. Thanks in advance!

1601742604936.png

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I have them on my birds day cages and sleep cages. I have them in the back of the cages towards the top and a little to one side. If the birds feel warm they can move away from it, but can get close if they feel cold. I really like them for at night in the winter. My birds don’t pay much attention to them in the day, but my house is fairly warm so they don’t go in too much. I might turn them up a bit if the birds have a bath. You can move it towards the right or left more so she has more of a choice of when to use it. Maybe you can move one of those wood perches so it goes in front of it.

Reactions: Ali