• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Info on yellow shouldered amazons

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Amazon Parrots Joanie Doss (page 4)

I found this, and I hope it will show why I am so attached to Mango.
I am not bragging, but am trying to let everyone know, what a great friend, companion he is, and how so many are missing out. All birds are great, and each 1 is unique in it's own way. Yellow Shouldered Amazons are not that popular. Happy reading!

You will have to go down to the bottom of the page, to find the info.

Last edited by a moderator:

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Re: Info on yellow shoulder amazon

Thanks for the link, Doll.That was an extremely interesting read. :cool3:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney

Thanks for the link, Doll.That was an extremely interesting read. :cool3:
LOL IM GOO FOR SOME THING SOME TIMES BUT NOT ALL TIMES :rofl::rofl:ID YOU SEE ANYTHING DIFRENT IN THERE I HAVE TO GO BACK AND READ IT,,LOL

TITANIS

LOL IM GOO FOR SOME THING SOME TIMES BUT NOT ALL TIMES :rofl::rofl:ID YOU SEE ANYTHING DIFRENT IN THERE I HAVE TO GO BACK AND READ IT,,LOL
Yes, actually, I did learn something about a YSA in your link I didn't know about before. That they can be excellent talkers on par with the YNA! :eek:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia

thanks for the link it was a very interesting read

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney

thanks for the link it was a very interesting read
:rofl::rofl: ARE YOU GOING TO RUN OUT AND GET ONE :rofl::rofl:

NO NOT ENOUGH INFO YET ILL FIND MORE :rofl:

catnloco

Sprinting down the street

I almost bought a Yellow Shouldered Amazon from a breeder in Virginia she offered it to me for 550. The only reason I decided against one is because they can be one of the MOST aggressive of the Amazons (from what I have read) and I do have others that I have to keep safe.

Attachments

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney

i almost bought a yellow shouldered amazon from a breeder in virginia she offered it to me for 550. The only reason i decided against one is because they can be one of the most aggressive of the amazons (from what i have read) and i do have others that i have to keep safe.
aggressive in what way mine is a suck and disaplin he gets lol no truth im very ferm with him but what a suck

BirdyGirl

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Erica
I'm surprised - I've never heard Yellow-Shouldereds described as being aggressive towards other birds. My Yellow-Shouldered couldn't care less about my other birds. He doesn't go after them or really even go near them (and he very well could if he wanted to b/c he's a great flier!). My Meyer's is actually a lot more aggressive towards other birds then my Yellow-Shouldered.

MessyBeaks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Leigh
Thought I'd chime in that my Yellow Shouldered is not at all bird-aggressive either - nor have I ever read that about them. Could you post a link to the place where you got that info?

Just for kicks, here is my oldster:
Lotto.jpg

jenwren59

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer
Thought I'd chime in that my Yellow Shouldered is not at all bird-aggressive either - nor have I ever read that about them. Could you post a link to the place where you got that info?

Just for kicks, here is my oldster:
View attachment 49631
So CUTE!!

Rascal

Moving in
We also share our lives with a YSA. Gizmo is 9 now and his companions are mostly larger than him but he has never ever been aggressive with any of our guys and we do have a Hahns thats smaller than Giz. I'm not an Amazon fan myself as i've been outright attacked by more than a few lol. Gizmo I fell in love with. Smaller than most zons but has tons of personality and He is a wonderfull friend. I find it interesting some said they read that they were aggressive because i've never heard of a ysa being in the" Hot 5".

Screechless

Strolling the yard
This is actually the next type of parrot I want to get. :D Glad to see the love for them

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
Doll, my hubby says 'It's too bad parrots don't have facial expressions',so, among others I showed him both pics & videos of parrots, including Mango, that I felt had very expressive faces. He just doesn't see it. I think many parrots (esp Mango) express their 'inner beauty' on their faces. I totally understand your deep devotion to & love for this yellow-shouldered Amazon ! :heart:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Its been a long time so i read through this , back when i found the write up i was trying to colect so much

after reading it today I can say every word is true the YSA is a special breed

the longer mango owns me the more im in love with hime , to me hes the greatest .

April im waiting for the day you get one,,lol as i know you would love it

hugssss doll

Status
Not open for further replies.