• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Indoor flight aviary for multiple species

Phocyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
I was wondering if anyone had a multiple species flight aviary and how they work it? I have a very mixed flock and am looking to socialize them together. I have parakeets, lovebirds, cockatiels, and assorted others. (More in the realm of softbills and canaries)...

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Personally I wouldn´t mix the lovebirds with the others at all, no matter how big the indoor aviary.

Phocyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
Personally I wouldn´t mix the lovebirds with the others at all, no matter how big the indoor aviary.
I don't mix them regardless. Quartz is more like Celes than I had thought when it comes to other birds. Blare birb is the one I was thinking of. I do think a flight aviary is a good idea, but I might revise some of my plans for it. I might use it when a bird or two need exercise for a day and then switch them with another bird the following day. As it stands, my birds are free roaming and that leads to problems.... ergo, more babies! o_O

So multipurpose in this set up is more like can i place a parakeet in it and later switch to my tiel and then rotate my lovebird in? None at the same time.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
So multipurpose in this set up is more like can i place a parakeet in it and later switch to my tiel and then rotate my lovebird in? None at the same time.
As long as the bar spacing is appropriate.