• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Indoor Aviary help!

Joseph

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joseph Smithberger
Hi! So I’m getting a bird (Quaker parrot) and wanted to make an indoor aviary for the space. I’ve found the mesh and the wood. I’m new to this whole thing so don’t make fun of me but what else do I need for the aviary? I’m great with wood working and have all the tools I need. Another question, do you know of any design or tutorials for this? My friend says I should look for a kit, but I don’t think that’s a thing. I want my bird to live a great life when they do need to be in the cage, so this is really important to me. Please help! Thanks!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Idk what else we could tell you if you're a good woodworker. What size is the mesh and what type?

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Last edited:

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
What gauge?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Well if you have tools and skills it's easy peasy. Most rolls of mesh come in 3 or 4 foot widths. So the easiest way to make any aviary structure inside or out is with cage panels. They can be put together in any configuration and size. In your case panels would be made from floor to ceiling the width of the mesh. You stand them like temporary see through walls. Fasten minimally at the top and bottom and you're done.