• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Indian Ringnecks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Hi guys,

Can anyone with Indian Ringnecks tell me about them? Are they very loud? Are they difficult to train/handle?

Thanks,
Vicki

Lizzy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lizzy
Peeko can be loud I will not lie. He was easy to train. However he was a hand feed baby when I got him. He is hard headed though if he wants something he will not give up and it is hard to correct him because he is so smart and head strong. He is my little MONSTER but I love him to death and would not give him up for the world.
They say you have to mess with them daily or they turn wild. I know other people who have IRN's and they are not as happy go luck as Peeko is.
I'm sure others will come along to tell you more.

Lizzy

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Lizzys given great advice. I had a beautiful female before she was stolen :(

Loud? YES. They can be very loud. Althought they dont have that scream that a macaw or Too can make, they have a very high pitched chirp that seems to echo thru the walls! Out of all my birds, my neighbor used to hear my ringneck the most.

Daily interaction is said to be needed or they turn wild. Once wild they are very hard to "retame". I got mine wild, and it took her over a year before shed even let me give her a treat! I was able to snuggle her and kiss her, but still was afraid to step up

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Excellent birds that can be VERY loud when they want also they are very opinonated.

Ringnecks are super smart, they love attention but it doesn't have to be cuddles or anything like that in fact I can't cuddle me guy ~ he is not into that and he was handraised from the egg.

They are more independant parrots they are unlike many other species.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I love ringnecks!!! Sunny can be loud, but only when he is alarmed at something otherwise he just talks and talks. Loves food, any food, wants food food food all the time :rofl: and toys omg never afraid of new toys. He's my hang-out buddy, he loves to sit on my hand for hours. So the daily interaction they need is easy- just plop in front of the computer or TV and take your ringneck with you :hehe:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I love ringnecks!!! Sunny can be loud, but only when he is alarmed at something otherwise he just talks and talks. Loves food, any food, wants food food food all the time :rofl: and toys omg never afraid of new toys. He's my hang-out buddy, he loves to sit on my hand for hours. So the daily interaction they need is easy- just plop in front of the computer or TV and take your ringneck with you :hehe:

Sunny is soooo cute:) I think I have only met one in person. I really like how they look. They are such need looking birds.

Vicki

M

M.C Bird Rescue

I have sunnys twin here, Rico. Rico was never loud until he decided he LIKED me and now does this loud beep when he wants my attention. Did I mention its loud and can be all day if hes not on my shoulder? Yep, its true. I am bossed around by fids.
I am sure you have already heard they need daily handling to keep them tame. Rico went back to the wild side, but came back quickly. Rico dislikes being petted and growls at me if I try or will fly off, clipped..he can really get far too. I wont be clipping him again. No reason, he can fly fully clipped no problem.
Rico is a sweety and my 6 year old can handle him with no issues. Hes the biggest bird my son has ever held in our home. hahahahah Yep bird rescue. Very protective mommy. Enough of my book.
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.