• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Indian Ringneck Roll Call!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman

Feathered up

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
What a beautiful boy! My Blue Crown frequently tells me what a good girl she is also. That’s up for debate most days. Lol.
Very glad he has found a loving home with you!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
He is called Mojo. He is approx 11 years old and he is a good boy he says. lol
Mojo is a very good boy...and a handsome one, to boot! :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I can't get enough of the little face...:heart: :heart: :heart:

Birdie Love

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Lori
I have to go out of town for a couple of days. Charlie has never been left alone for more than an 8 hour work day. I have a 2 way surveillance video camera pointed at his cage that I can control with my iPhone. That way I can see him plus I have a friend who will be stopping by to look in on him. I’m already feeling so guilty. I wish I could bring him with me. Is he going to be okay? Will this traumatize me more than my bird?

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Will this traumatize me more than my bird?
This is probably how it's going to turn out. Charlie will be fine...you have to do what you have to do...

Feathered up

Real Name
Jamie
Yes. It will likely traumatize you more than him. Lol. I know that’s how it works here. I have to be away a couple of days in a row every week right now and I don’t think I’ve set Pavi’s progress back at all. We generally make our biggest progress on Monday after I get back home.

I know it’s so hard to leave them. But on the brighter side for Charlie, guilt makes us spoil them more. Lol.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman

Feathered up

Real Name
Jamie
...isn't that the truth? :)
Yup. My bird bill right now....ouch. Between guilt of leaving my older Fids so often the double guilt of leaving a very young and new bird alone and the guilt of adding a bird to the flock all of whom will doubtless be jealous, I may be bankrupted by my guilt. :hehe:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman

TwoGreenFids

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jewels
I hope I'm not late!

Melon

DoH: Unsure as she was rescued

View attachment 236458
Well done!!! I know a plain green female is not what most IRN owners look for, especially a rescue that might carry baggage. I've got a 1.5yr old who looks just like Melon. I love it when she gets excited over something new she has "discovered" in the house, and puffs up her head Ike Melon is in the picture. My husband and I had said we would get our next bird as a youngin' from a breeder. But this little fireball literally came crashing into our lives, and picked us. Anyways, just wanted to commend you for rescuing Melon.

Pipper

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Andy
IMG_9709.JPG

Not the best lighting in the picture and I'll be buying her a new cage but this is, I was told, a 3 year old untamed Indian Ringneck Parakeet. I named her Pipper. I've had her 2 weeks and am making reasonable progress taming her after 2 people told me I wasn't going to be able to tame her. I am spending though each day lots of time and patience in taming her. I am hoping to have her step up to my hand by 1st of February. That would make 1 month of taming training. ! hope to have her step on without food enticement by 1st of March.

I had to resort to wearing gloves that I use to carve wood because for some reason she decided to demonstrate her displeasure at being fed at out of my hand by biting my pinky as hard as she could to convince me to feed her and ignore her the rest of the day. That was after eating out of my hand for a few minutes. She knew it too. I knew she was nervous but then that's why I'm taming her as there is no pleasure for a bird if it's going to needlessly cower in fear all day.

However, I couldn't go for that because every time I need to clean the cage she would wildly crash herself against the cage bars repeatedly in every direction. She lost all her flight feathers and many of her tail feather acting like that so like it or not I decided I have to tame her. So even though she is a breeder I was told I still need to tame her.

I plan on breeding her and taming the babies as talking and trick performing pets if anyone could recommend where to get male adult Indian Ringneck. I've been told to try and get a male lutino Indian Ringneck because it would give some lutino babies and then some 'mystery mutation babies' most probable being green and blue colors.

Last edited:

Riptide Queen

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Uri
Well done!!! I know a plain green female is not what most IRN owners look for, especially a rescue that might carry baggage. I've got a 1.5yr old who looks just like Melon. I love it when she gets excited over something new she has "discovered" in the house, and puffs up her head Ike Melon is in the picture. My husband and I had said we would get our next bird as a youngin' from a breeder. But this little fireball literally came crashing into our lives, and picked us. Anyways, just wanted to commend you for rescuing Melon.
Thank you so much! She is actually a wild rescue! I found her at 3 months old on the ground with a broken wing. In Hawaii, IRNs are considered invasive and the avian vet had strongly recommended to keep her as a pet. And if I didn't want her... well.. they would have to euthanize her. So I opted to give her a forever home. She is now a very loving and goofy bird!

csnake91

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chris
I have been on the forum for over a year but I think I should officially introduce my Bowie. She hatched march 24, 2015. She is albino, and quite the looker, if I do say so myself. Before she could fly, I would take her outside for photos in nature, but now she is an incredible flyer so we stay indoors, although I don't doubt that she would come back if she flew outside, as it happened once before. Anyway, that's Bowie!

Attachments