• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Indian ringneck ring

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
My bird has been mounting for a few weeks and today I looked under his chin and can see that one small feather is completely black. Does this mean that he is a he and is starting to get his ring. He has been dropping really small feathers so this is what I think it is.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Possibly, but I have no ringneck experience, so couldn't say for sure! I do however know they usually get the ring at about 18 months. How old is s/he?

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Not sure then. Rings can appear as early as 17 months or even as late (in some reported cases) as 3 years. Give it some time and hopefully you will find out!

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
Not sure then. Rings can appear as early as 17 months or even as late (in some reported cases) as 3 years. Give it some time and hopefully you will find out!
I think that means when you can see majority of the ring appearing

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
My bird has been mounting for a few weeks and today I looked under his chin and can see that one small feather is completely black.
...very much could be! If my memory serves me (sometimes it doesn't, though ;) ) Titan began getting little black feathers right under his chin...at about 12 months of age.

This happened in February of 1992...right around my birthday- February 21st...