• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Indian Ringneck possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarax

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tara
I was just wondering, whats a good size cage for a indian ringneck? I know you want to get the largest you can without breaking your budget and something thats going to work well with the space you have. ( They should be able to jump, flap their wingsand turn around etc without touchign the bars) But im looking into costs for cages soo any help is good [:

Also you can get different colours, is that like a mutation? like people do with linnie's? ( i hope the word is mutation i forget, no offense if it isnt )

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
My Indian Ringneck is in a cage that is (L) 95cm x (W) 60cm x (H) 142 cm with 2.5 bar spacing (I wouldnt go any bigger then that). Like you already know, the bigger the better, it also depends on how often s/he will be out of the cage too, during the day.[FONT=Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial][FONT=Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial]

[/FONT]A couple that would be okay for a Ringneck:

24"x22" Victorian Cage with a Cabinet Base - Victorian Cages by A&E Cage Company

36"x28" Opening Victorian Top Cage - Victorian Cages by A&E Cage Company

48"x36" Dome Top Cage in Stainless Steel - Dome Top Cages by A&E Cage Company

http://chickencoopsblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/cage-3.jpg[FONT=Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial][FONT=Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Yes, you can get different mutations, there is quite a lot of different Ringneck mutations. I have a Blue Lacewing, but besides that mutation you have Blue, Lutino, Green, Albino (White), Grey, Violet and more. You can see the different mutations here: ©Ringneck Mutations©www.thomasriver.co.za on the right hand side you will see Ringneck Colors in red, underneath that it has all the different mutations, just click on whichever one to see a photo of that mutation.[FONT=Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial][FONT=Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I have two females. One Lutino and one Green. I have them in cages with 1 inch bar width, and find I dont have any trouble with that. They can fit thier beak through to the base of thier face, but no further. Pru has the Dome top, and Penny has a playtop, but otherwise thier cages are exactly the same make/size.

This is Pru's cage

(This photo was the one the previous owner sent me before I purchased it, first one I found on my comp, LOL)
And Penny's is the same, but with the playtop......

They do well in these cages, but I honestly wish I had gone larger.
They use every inch of space :)

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
IRN's are very active, they do need a pretty big cage. Chiquita is nuts, flys around in her cage, always on the go. You got some good cage size from the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.