• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent indian ringneck parrot spinal injury!!

IndianRing

Checking out the neighborhood
I have two parrots. Yesterday they were fighting and one of them hit the ceiling fan and fell on ground floor below the stairs. Their feathers were clipped but had some flight. He was breathing heavily but not chirping and there was no motion in his legs. I took him to a vet, he examined and concluded that there is a spinal injury. He told me that it will take like 20 days or in worst case he will not be able to move his whole life. I know that it is very difficult for my parrot to cope with all of this. The vet didn't had any x-ray or anything like that. He injected a pain killer. Parrot was sleepy the whole day. It's second day yet it is not chirping. He told me to feed it evion vitamin E half daily and a syrup called brufen. He has also given me nerve stimulant to mix in the water of parrot. Now he has started moving his legs but not in a right manner. As I live in a third world world there is not even proper Healthcare for humans and I cannot afford private hospitals. It's second day and he has not eaten anything he was bit active and now is again sleeping. Yesterday he ate a bit of fruit and also drank water. Actually I am feeling helpless a lot because I cannot do anything for him nor do I earn money that I can spend on him. I want to know that can he be able to recover from this as he has shown a slight movement in his legs? And how long it will take? Any tips to help him recover fast? Last but not least prayers needed

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
bump - 911 thread

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran