• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Indian Ringneck in Rusagonis, New Brunswick, Canada

NBGwen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gwen
Hi everyone,

I figure this is a long shot, but you never know!

This is Ocean - he has been missing for 3 days now and his mom is worried sick (continued below). Ocean.jpg
She is the breeder I got my Kalypso from, her name is Elaine and she owns Precious Angels Aviary. She's been trying to track him, but we live in a very forested area. He blends in well with the trees and the big worry is him being caught by a predator. He is an absolute sweetheart and is always on Elaine's shoulder. For some reason, the door was open the other day and he took off. He was last seen 2 days ago, headed towards Rusagonis Rd, but he could be anywhere in the area. Elaine has been playing the Ringneck calls dusk and dawn when he would normally be vocal. The first evening, he did talk back to her, but would not come out of the trees :(

Any advice or if anyone is in the area, I am positive she would love the help finding her FID!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope you find him! You can post on parrot alert. Has she contacted the local police, vets offices, neighbors, etc?

NBGwen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gwen
I've never heard of parrot alert! I'll look it up. She has contacted the local SPCAs and is posting his photo around. I'm going out this evening to help look for him. I'm hoping and praying that he is still safe. Raccoons, osprey and eagles are common in our area and I'm assuming they would be the biggest danger to him. Fortunately, this time of year the trees are still green so he is at least camouflaged a bit. I've been sharing on FB as well as has she. He is such a sweet bird. When I went to get my Kalypso, he flew right over to me and onto my shoulder to check me out :) I really hope we can get him home!

I've added Ocean to Parrot Alert! Thank you for letting me know about it!

Last edited:

NBGwen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gwen
Very upsetting update - Ocean was found by a woman in a town nearby BUT she took him back to Bathurst with her (3 hrs away) and is now refusing to return him to his owner!!!

Anyone know of what Elaine's options would be to get him back? I find that extremely cruel...

Edit- apparently the person CUT OFF Ocean's band thinking Elaine wouldn't be able to retrieve him than. But Elaine has Ocean's DNA from his parents and she has gone to the police.

Last edited:

NBGwen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gwen
No, she's still trying to find someone who saw him in the woman's home as the police say they can't get a warrant to go in without proof he's there. It's cruel. She keeps posting to local ads asking for anyone to come forward.