• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Indian Ringneck Harness help

NBGwen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gwen
Hi all - as summer comes into full season, I've come to realize Kyra will lack out-of-cage time unless I come up with a way to bring her places with me (my son is playing soccer, and I'm doing a lot of yard work). Right now, I can't afford to get an aviator harness - the shipping and exchange rate make it prohibitive (I'm in Atlantic Canada).

All that said - does anyone have a great DIY harness they have used and worked great? I want to make sure that when I make one, she can't slip out of it and accidentally get lost. That thought terrifies me. I want a way to bring her outside with me. I know I could built and outdoor aviary for her, but around here the only available metal screening is galvanized. If it's not galvanized, it has to be special ordered and WAY too expensive. Now, she is not a bar chewer, so part of me wonders if galvanized would be ok. Again, that being said, she almost always wants to be closer to me and will pace when she sees me - hence why I'd prefer to make a harness - something with a long flight leash.

Any ideas are extremely welcome! I've googled this like crazy, but I'd like to hear from personal experience what others have done.

Thanks all! - Gwen

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

NBGwen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gwen
I've opted to get an Aviator harness for her. I'm too worried anything I make just won't get as good.