• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Indian ringneck eyes

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
When do ringnecks eyes go from completely black to having an iris.

Reactions: Ali

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Titan's eyes "changed" when he was a little over a year old. I've tried to find any info on the internet about this, but have been unsuccessful...

Mantis64

So up untill that point they were completely black

Mantis64

Do any of you guys have pics of your ringnecks as they aged from 3 months to a year.

olivierr1

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Olivier
Hi there,

Their eyes don't exactly change, they always have an iris.

I think it depends on the comfort and confidence levels.

My ringneck is 3 months old, almost 4, and I've had him for just a week.
I spent a lot of time with him and his pupils already started "changing". They will narrow their pupils when they're excited or happy as far as I know. When he sees that juice almond in my hand his eye starts to narrow, when he's eating it especially.

Unfortunately I don't have pictures, he doesn't like my phone too much.

Not sure if there's a specific way to trigger this, I think they just need to be comfortable! But I'm no expert!

Mantis64

Hi there,

Their eyes don't exactly change, they always have an iris.

I think it depends on the comfort and confidence levels.

My ringneck is 3 months old, almost 4, and I've had him for just a week.
I spent a lot of time with him and his pupils already started "changing". They will narrow their pupils when they're excited or happy as far as I know. When he sees that juice almond in my hand his eye starts to narrow, when he's eating it especially.

Unfortunately I don't have pictures, he doesn't like my phone too much.

Not sure if there's a specific way to trigger this, I think they just need to be comfortable! But I'm no expert!
Oh yes they can dialte there eyes I mean when they are born they cant do this and thier eyes are completely black, I was wondering the exact age thier eyes change from black to be able to dialte. I'm just curious my birds eyes dialte as well hes nearly one thanks for responding.

olivierr1

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Olivier
I have no idea! Like I said, mines been doing it and he's almost 4 months. His pupils don't go super tiny, they go about half way

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Budgie eyes do the same thing, but it ends faster. I don't know why it happens, but it is related to maturing. Other than that, I don't really know much about parakeet eyes.