• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Indian ring neck breeders in Western Australia?

ellbell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ella
I cannot for the life of me find a place to buy a hand raised Indian ring neck! Anyone know places in Western Australia? Thanks

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Bump

I wish I knew who to tag for you. It would be ideal to have a tag for 'Aussie members' 'Western America members' 'Eastern America members' 'UK members' etc....

@Shezbug can hopefully give you a few other Australian members with some ideas.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Indian ringneck parakeet: animal pest alert | Agriculture and Food I know there are some differences with WA and Vic so best check you can have a ring neck and find out if you need a permit or anything. Sorry I tried to look further but internet keeps dropping out so I am not having much fun searching for you just now. I will try to search tomorrow if you remind me then if you have had no luck yourself. I think you should be able to find some breeders if you do a google search though. You can try looking for a list of registered breeders or maybe contact a local bird club, that is how I found Burt's breeder. If you find a place online, let us know so we can have a look at if for you..... lots of scammers out there believe it or not.

I can not think of any of our members who live in WA, I am sure there are some but I can not think of any right now.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
If you are looking for a breeder I suggest the Parrot Society. Parrot Society of Australia - Home

You can google the govs Info easily for WA but here is a quick user friendly guide. Though always cross reference incase it isn't up to date.

Hope this helps :)

ellbell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ella
If you are looking for a breeder I suggest the Parrot Society. Parrot Society of Australia - Home

You can google the govs Info easily for WA but here is a quick user friendly guide. Though always cross reference incase it isn't up to date.

Hope this helps :)
Thank you! I have decided I will buy one for birdsnall it will only cost $240 to buy a green one! Thank you so much for the info! I do need to get a permit though haha

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I do need to get a permit though haha
Good luck!

I have 2 questions...
Do they have to be renewed each year?
Do they cost money or is it just an awful lot of paperwork?

It doesn't effect me, I'm just curious (or maybe that should be nosey! I know what @Shezbug would say...)

Edit... Just looked at the link above posted by fashionfobie and saw the prices. Which one does it come under? I would take a guess at $20 per annum

I assume Burt has to have one Shezbug?

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
Thank you! I have decided I will buy one for birdsnall it will only cost $240 to buy a green one! Thank you so much for the info! I do need to get a permit though haha
240 dollars for a green one I bought my blue one for 125pounds not sure the difference but that seems expensive mine was parent raised though.

Reactions: Ali

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
240 is a fair price! You will have the love for 10-30+ years.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
@Ali I do not live in WA with Burt! Victoria does not require the owner to have a permit or licence for exotic birds- they do for certain native birds though.

Shane Wadd

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Shane Waddingham
Good luck!

I have 2 questions...
Do they have to be renewed each year?
Do they cost money or is it just an awful lot of paperwork?

It doesn't effect me, I'm just curious (or maybe that should be nosey! I know what @Shezbug would say...)

Edit... Just looked at the link above posted by fashionfobie and saw the prices. Which one does it come under? I would take a guess at $20 per annum

I assume Burt has to have one Shezbug?
Usually it is $30 for 3 years and annual report to calm office cat 3 for most birds, snake's and lizards