• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Incubator for lovebird eggs

Gigi’s Mom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brenda
I am looking for any suggestions on incubators for lovebird eggs. Hopefully people who have used them and successfully hatched without any issues. I have a breeding pair and after the hen lays she will only sit on them a few days then abandon. She is also not a good nest maker. But she is the last hope I have for continuing a very very special lineage of lovebirds.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I´m curious of what the special line is?
I think these eggs would be related to her beloved Gigi that she just lost from cancer. She's said In another post she has her sisters

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I use the Brinsea Mini II incubator for conure and macaw eggs. It has two different size trays to hold large or small eggs. I've had excellent luck with it. Here is a link to it on Amazon.

Brinsea Mini II Incubator

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
does this incubator work for budgie eggs, or chicken eggs?
According to the link it works for both! The trays are interchangeable ;)

Gigi’s Mom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brenda
I´m curious of what the special line is?
The line would be related to the lovebird I just lost, Gigi. Gigi was probably one of the best bird I have ever owned. I have one of her younger sisters who is healthy, breeding and laying. Gigi’s parents were also really special birds and their offspring were some of the sweetest most beautiful birds I have raised.

Gigi’s Mom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brenda
I use the Brinsea Mini II incubator for conure and macaw eggs. It has two different size trays to hold large or small eggs. I've had excellent luck with it. Here is a link to it on Amazon.

Brinsea Mini II Incubator
Thank you for the link. So it will hold very small eggs? Is there much monitoring involved, like humidity?

Gigi’s Mom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brenda
I think these eggs would be related to her beloved Gigi that she just lost from cancer. She's said In another post she has her sisters
Yes you are correct! Also Gigi’s parents were very very special birds too. I would love to continue their line.

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Thank you for the link. So it will hold very small eggs? Is there much monitoring involved, like humidity?
Yes, the trays on the bottom are interchangeable. If you’re talking about visual humidity, it doesn’t show the current humidity. (Only available with the EX version)

Here’s what the company had to say about humidity.
6BA1BED4-6A79-4C56-8556-F58311106F25.jpeg

Avis

Meeting neighbors
If you need any other options, I recommend the KEBONNIXS egg incubator. It is for chickens, but it should work really well. It has a humidity display, automatic egg-turner, and a built-in egg-candler device. I've only ever incubated chicken eggs, though. But it might be worth a try! Good luck! I hope it all goes well

Gigi’s Mom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brenda
Yes, the trays on the bottom are interchangeable. If you’re talking about visual humidity, it doesn’t show the current humidity. (Only available with the EX version)

Here’s what the company had to say about humidity.
View attachment 422496
Some of the reviews on these said it was helpful to buy a separate humidity monitor and place it inside in case the machine did not provide that info. Its funny because I‘ve always wondered how my lovies were able to keep the eggs the right humidity when we used to live in a dry hot area.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I‘ve always wondered how my lovies were able to keep the eggs the right humidity when we used to live in a dry hot area
They will bathe, then go into the nest box damp so the moisture is then taken into the nest box.

Gigi’s Mom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brenda
If you need any other options, I recommend the KEBONNIXS egg incubator. It is for chickens, but it should work really well. It has a humidity display, automatic egg-turner, and a built-in egg-candler device. I've only ever incubated chicken eggs, though. But it might be worth a try! Good luck! I hope it all goes well
Thanks for the info.I will check it out.