• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Inca bit me!

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is the first time he bit me... He's very calm as far as an amazon parrot is concerned... Never bites, even today's bite didn't break my skin, but let me tell you first, what happened. For last few months, I am planning to change Inca's cage. Today I left the new cage where he was sitting on his play stand and slowly removed the old cage. Then, after a long watch, Inca moved on the new cage top. Again, after an agonizing long pause, he decided to step inside. After few getting in and out, when he finally went in, I closed the cage door. Then I offered some sunflower seeds as treat. He took it from my hand an then bit my finger. Is he angry due to the change, I don't know. And like any kid, mom has to be blamed for anything and everything :sad10:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've never been around an amazon except at the rescue, but I know that my Opie isn't a huge fan of change. He and the budgies had to be boarded recently, and he did pretty well, but has been acting just a bit miffed since we've all been home. He also gets a bit nippy when I have on the "wrong" pair of glasses--sigh. Toddlers!

BirdG1rl

Real Name
Mara M.M
Just our featherbabies being expressive *sigh*.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
[wrong pair of glasses]-- yes, my hubby says I'm still 'in training' ... when our Cockatoo 're-directs me! :rolleyes:

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Update: inca is doing well in the new cage... He's exploring the perch and toys. I am happy that he's getting some exercise doing that.