• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

In what position does your Aracari sleep?

Buttersquash

Meeting neighbors
Do your Aracaris always sleep with their tails always folded up, when they're perched? Have you noticed any change in sleeping position over time?

Mine used to do the usual Aracari sleeping position (beak tucked, tail folded) when he was napping on a perch, but these days he doesn't fold his tail anymore during a perch nap.

At night, he prefers to sleep wrapped up, in a little carrier bag. Maybe he learned that since sleeping while laying down is easier, he doesn't bother to do a 'real ' sleeping position while standing up anymore?

He will fold his tail up when he is tucked in his blanket/carrier, but not when perched. Strange...!?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bump4:

Calpurnia

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Dom
Sounds about right. Kevin doesn't "fold" unless he's in a blanket fort or his snuggle hut. He also doesn't fully beak-tuck on perches either, just kinda sways back and forth when his face starts falling forward lol. I've noticed during the summer he also doesn't sleep in his snuggle hut as often. Probably because of the temperature (we don't have A/C).

Bambi

Moving in
This is actually a huge relief to hear... my curl-crested started sleeping unfolded on his perch today and I about had a panic attack! He'd only ever folded up or slept in his hut before!