• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

In Search of Plumheads

AuthenticElle

Checking out the neighborhood
H! I'm from Utah and I'm trying to find a breeder of Plumheaded Parakeets. Does anyone know of any Plumhead breeders (besides Traci's Parrots 4 U, I'm trying to find multiple places just in case) that hand-raise their babies?
They need to either be in driving distance from Salt Lake City or willing to ship!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum. I don't know any Plumhead breeders. Good luck with your search.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I can't say I know any off hand... but sometimes it helps to use a networking website, such as Facebook, and joining groups (i.e. "Ringneck" groups) and asking there.

I'm pretty sure that Omar's Exotic Bird Store can get them in but that's a long distance from Utah. (to California) I know someone in my local bird club has one, but I don't recall what breeder he purchased his male from? (he is so petite!!!) And I did hear a breeder interested in purchasing a pair, too... (also a member of the club) Not sure where they may be getting the birds from.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica