• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

In need of a travel cage! Asap

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I was looking at those as well to order for in the future, how do you like it? Would a grey be able to stay in it for days? Not in the cage 24/7 of course but out for a few hours then back in?
My Amazon hangs in it on weekend trips. I have a T perch that Secret can hang out on when we're around.

King's has discounts from time to time. One just ended yesterday, sorry. I bought mine as soon as the cages came back in stock. They were gone for years.

@redindiaink I had the noise from one of my carriers too on a long road trip. I think I wedged a piece of paper or cardboard there.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Forgot to add, I sometimes give showers in these cages while birds are outside.

Wildcard

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Amazon has the Avian Adventures travel cage that can be shipped via Prime. If you know what hotel you are staying at, have it delivered there. I have two of them and they are quite safe and sturdy and will work for a few days for a grey.

Reds

Sitting on the front steps
Yes, easily. A grey would easily fit inside a medium. I have a large one for my macaw. They're incredibly well built and overall I'm really happy with it, but the parts vibrated like crazy when we went down the highway with ours. So if you plan on road trips with it some cork and felt protectors between the tray and grate will help reduce most of the noise and some newspaper/cardboard to jam in other spots like the door helps immensely. Otherwise the noise is intolerable.

We bought the kings cage carrier and it barely fit in the backseat of the car we had. The large one is a beast! When we went looking for a truck we brought the carrier with us to make sure it would fit inside since we planned on taking some birds on a cross country tip. We wound up buying a RAM crew cab and now have a Jeep JKU after some idjit slammed into our truck sending us into a pole (we were t-boned).
Thanks all your info is helpful! I will definitely remember the felt/cardboard trick.
I have a Durango so a large vehicle, however we are a family of 4 plus animals and sometimes I think even a bus would be too small
Sorry to hear about you accident hope everyone was ok!

Reds

Sitting on the front steps
Amazon has the Avian Adventures travel cage that can be shipped via Prime. If you know what hotel you are staying at, have it delivered there. I have two of them and they are quite safe and sturdy and will work for a few days for a grey.
Thanks I checked those as well, shipping sadly says April 14-17 with no option to rush ship, we will be on our way back by then. Can’t wait for Amazon 2 day shipping to come back! Lol. I will compare those to the other suggested cages for a future purchase!

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I personally own a king's cage aluminum, medium. It's probably the Cadillac but I feel safe with it.
I was looking at those as well to order for in the future, how do you like it? Would a grey be able to stay in it for days? Not in the cage 24/7 of course but out for a few hours then back in?
We have this one as well for a travel cage. It is very sturdy and well made, it is bulky and a bit heavy to carry around. I have the Medium as well for my Conures and they have a ton of room when we use it. I am sure it would be just fine for a Grey as long as you give plenty of out time. I have added a picture below so you can see scale, this was our Jenday in the Medium Size Kings.

IMG_0504.JPG

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Thanks all your info is helpful! I will definitely remember the felt/cardboard trick.
I have a Durango so a large vehicle, however we are a family of 4 plus animals and sometimes I think even a bus would be too small
Sorry to hear about you accident hope everyone was ok!
We're ok thanks. It was my first accident and hopefully my last.

Salesmen on car lots thought we were nutty until they saw us try to load the carrier into the back. At the time we were two plus four birds. Now that I have a few more birds I think I'd leave them all at home and go one a vacation by myself!