• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

In loving memory of Charlie (2022-2023)

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Really? That's very useful information. Thank you :hug4:
Yes! My old hibiscus tree got a common poison mushroom it's planter. Apparently they hard to get rid of. F10 kills fungi so decide I try spray it on the roots and everything when I repotted it. My hibiscus thrive for some time after. It only died because Echo kept escaping his cage and would go at it, ripping up leaves and branches.

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
This was my area of study so I can tell you, it’s not only caught from the parents but also from other birds. Hot summer days should help kill the virus. Sunlight should also help kill the virus.

I am sorry if I’m my sounding sympathetic; I love my Quakers and I was heartbroken when my Lucy passed even though she was old and ready to go. I’m really sorry about what happened to your Charlie and that he had to be so sick. But that means I also want to prevent another bird from getting sick , so I advised you on how to clean your place and aviary.

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Yes! My old hibiscus tree got a common poison mushroom it's planter. Apparently they hard to get rid of. F10 kills fungi so decide I try spray it on the roots and everything when I repotted it. My hibiscus thrive for some time after. It only died because Echo kept escaping his cage and would go at it, ripping up leaves and branches.
Hibiscus are sweet! I bet echo enjoyed eating it.

BluQuaker

Meeting neighbors
This was my area of study so I can tell you, it’s not only caught from the parents but also from other birds. Hot summer days should help kill the virus. Sunlight should also help kill the virus.

I am sorry if I’m my sounding sympathetic; I love my Quakers and I was heartbroken when my Lucy passed even though she was old and ready to go. I’m really sorry about what happened to your Charlie and that he had to be so sick. But that means I also want to prevent another bird from getting sick , so I advised you on how to clean your place and aviary.
Oh i know i'm very greatful, it's one of the reason i won't get another bird until next summer or something, another one is that emotionally i'm not ready since Charlie died way too young and i gotta be honest, this may be most stressful experience i had in my life. So sorry about Lucy, no matter how old they are it's always painful.
Before this i didn't know anything about PDD and everything i know i heard or read somewhere in those past few months and I appreciate your knowlage.

BluQuaker

Meeting neighbors
Ah poor hibiscus but i bet Echo enjoyed every bite :laugh-bounce:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Oh i know i'm very greatful, it's one of the reason i won't get another bird until next summer or something, another one is that emotionally i'm not ready since Charlie died way too young and i gotta be honest, this may be most stressful experience i had in my life. So sorry about Lucy, no matter how old they are it's always painful.
Before this i didn't know anything about PDD and everything i know i heard or read somewhere in those past few months and I appreciate your knowlage.
:bighug: Its so painful to lose a bird. Everybody is different with their time frame for they're ready to get another. So no judgment on following what you feel is right for you. I think you'll know when the time is right. You never "get over" the lost but I hope time helps you heal from such a traumatic way you lost your Charlie. Wishing you all the best :bluhug: