• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Impossible Finch Training

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
I find it really perplexing that so many people claim that finches are nearly impossible to tame. Granted I wont consider mine tame until they are flying to me on command and possibly accepting head scritches, but overall I have found the entire process relatively easy and fairly quick (at least to where I am at currently). Now I also acknowledge that I don't have anything to compare against. Perhaps parrots are a LOT more willing and very quick to accept and bond with you. Maybe most just don't want to commit the time to taming finches? At the end of the day though, they don't really seem that difficult to train if you just put in a little effort. Is this just a fluke? Did I just get really lucky? Did I have it easy or would you say for the amount of time I have managed to spend with them these first two weeks, this outcome thus far is to be expected? Thanks!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's great that things are going well with Charlie & Emma. I don't have finches although I do have a sparrow who is very similar.