• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Imping

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikkiLS

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Does anyone know the costs of feather imping? and how you would locate someone who does it locally? If I can afford it I am considering if for our B&G Sara as she was clipped before coming to us. She is very young and I just think it would be healthier if she was able to fly. Plus despite an extreme clip she still gets som life and gets around the room. So she is determined and I think having Ruby flighted and Buka almost flighted is a bit frustrating for her.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
I think talking with your Avian vet to see what he knows about it and who you might contact in your area...
A vet who deals with raptors is the best bet to find out this information.:hug8:

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
I will have to look into it. Has anyone had any experience with it?

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
A member on another forum had it done to one of her conures. I think it was very successful. Her avian vet did it for her- they are in Australia. I've never known anyone else who had it done to a parrot.

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
Jamie, would you know who her avian vet is?

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
No, I do not but I believe he is in Brisbane. I will see if I can find her email address and send it to you. She is not a member here.

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Is there any chance you can find out what it cost her?

Jilly

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jill
Yeah, I posted too quick! I found the post you mentioned as soon as I hit the "send" button. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.