• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures im worried about my cockatiels injury i need help urgently! he is 6+months old

Chunky

Checking out the neighborhood
im not sure when this happened, but it probably occured during the night fright he had at around 3AM, i only noticed this around 4am when i came back from school. Should i be concerned? or is it alright if it stays like this?

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am having a little trouble seeing it. Is it blood on his feathers? My guess is he broke a blood feather. As long as the bleeding has stopped, it should be fine. Just keep an eye on it. Young tiels are very clumsy and also prone to night frights. Do you keep a night light on for him? That may help.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm sorry, but I can't see his injury. could you describe it or try to get a better picture?

Chunky

I am having a little trouble seeing it. Is it blood on his feathers? My guess is he broke a blood feather. As long as the bleeding has stopped, it should be fine. Just keep an eye on it. Young tiels are very clumsy and also prone to night frights. Do you keep a night light on for him? That may help.
It's on the side of his tail, his tail feathers are growing and I had noticed that 3 of them had some blood on them, but I also did not see any blood on the floor or in the cage. There also wasn't much blood and I can see that his fetahwrs are growing.

Chunky

I'm sorry, but I can't see his injury. could you describe it or try to get a better picture?
It's on the side of his tail, his tail feathers are growing and I had noticed that 3 of them had some blood on them, but I also did not see any blood on the floor or in the cage. There also wasn't much blood and I can see that his fetahwrs are growing. I would send a picture but I'm on my way to school right now sry

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Where exactly is/was the blood coming from?
Has it stopped bleeding now or is it still bleeding?