• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent I'm starting to think something is really wrong

sodakat

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
If the "'bump" is near the vent it certainly is not the preen gland. That is on the lower back, just in front of the base of the tail.

Soaking a pellet would have nothing to do with a bird being able to digest it. The do not masticate and salivate like humans, dogs or cats, etc.

Verivus

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Chrissy
The only way to know if a wart is benign is to do a biopsy. Bloodwork and ultrasound do not prove that it is benign.

Shivan

Walking the driveway
All's I know is if any of my birds had anything suspicious at all, they'd be at the avian vet on the next thing smoking. I care too much for my fids to risk they're health with maybe's.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm not quite sure why you posted this, then.

You originally said you were worried. Now you are saying you've been to the vet and you're not concerned.

Personally, if my bird had something growing out of his butt, I wouldn't just take a vet's word that it is fine. I would want tests run.
I did have tests run. I had my home vet examine it, then she went to Cornell for an ultrasound and blood tests. Every time she gets examined they check it, and it is the same size.
I am not worried about this because it has been cleared by multiple vets.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow, this is quite te thread.
I assure you that the lump is fine. I am not just passing it off as fine. Take my word for it, the lump is not posing any danger to her health. I was just giving some backround info.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
What about the shuffling and wheezing?

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
I take your word for it :) your birds seem to have great care and access to vets if needed. you seem like a very responsible pigster.
Thank you very much, @lukeykee
I really appreciate it. :) I just want everybirdy to know that her lump is fine. :) Give me a bit and I'll see if I can find her discharge statement for her exam so you can all see that it says she did well. :)

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
What about the shuffling and wheezing?
Sorry!!
I meant I wasn't concerned about the lump! :) She's doing really well today, but if anything at all seems even the tiniest bit off, she will def. go in pronto. :)

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Sorry!!
I meant I wasn't concerned about the lump! :) She's doing really well today, but if anything at all seems even the tiniest bit off, she will def. go in pronto. :)

I understood it wasn't the lump you were concerned about. Is she still doing the other behaviors that caused you to start the thread? Did you call your vet?

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award

I understood it wasn't the lump you were concerned about. Is she still doing the other behaviors that caused you to start the thread? Did you call your vet?
Thank you for your help. :)
The behaviors have ben one-time things, so no. :)
And no, unfortunately I haven't called. Thankfully I have all day tomorrow, so I am going to call then, promise. :)

RJ Noodle

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
Glad she's better and that it was a one time thing :hug8: :hug8:You're such a sweet patient little Piggy!

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Glad she's better and that it was a one time thing :hug8: :hug8:You're such a sweet patient little Piggy!
Aww, thanks RJN!!
BTW, everybirdy: I'm not saying she's fine, just that all is well at the moment and I'll take her in immediately if something is up.
Thanks!!

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi everybirdy! Sorry for my terse replies- I've been posting on my Ipod! :) If you've ever tried posting long explanations on an Ipod, you know it's not easy! :hehe: