• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm so confused....

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
air purifiers, they're confusing I don't understand them. Which of these is the better option, I was recommended the first but ozone is bad, right?

The stylish, extremely effective HF 280 is equipped with 6 leading technologies covering virtually every pollutant ….Ionizer (with relatively no ozone), HEPA filter, Activated carbon filter, Germicidal UV lamp, Dust collection grid and Washable pre-filter.With an ultra-quiet fan the purifier covers 400 ft².

1. Washable Pre Filter. The air first enters pre filter, capturing the largest particles, which enhances the durability and performance of the other filters.
  2. Washable Dust Collector Plates. The electrostatically-charged dust collector grid traps particles and pollutants like a magnet
  3. Activated Carbon Filter. The best type of air filter for trapping chemicals, gases, odors and cigarette smoke. According to Penn State Dept. of Aerobiological researchers, carbon filters serve to remove odors, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and chemicals that other filters cannot.
  4. High-Efficiency HEPA Filter. The most effective type of air filter at capturing dust, allergens and other solid particles (including bacteria). HEPA filters are recommended by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
  5. Germicidal UV Lamp. The most effective way to destroy micro-organisms, such as germs, viruses, fungi (such as mold) and bacteria. Also destroys micro-organisms including those that are trapped by the HEPA air filter, preventing them from reproducing and recirculating through the room. UV lamps are recommended by the U.S. Centers of Disease Control.
  6. Safe and Effective Ionizer.Circulates trillions of negative ions to neutralize floating pollutants throughout the room. A Journal of Hygiene study found negative ions to improve efficiency of filter units, and multiple studies (including those by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture) have found ionizers to be highly effective against dust, bacteria, etc. Finally, the Multi-Tech's ionizer is proven to be safe, producing virtually no ozone whatsoever.
  • Dimensions (in): 11.8 x 7.6 x 12.4
  • Weight (lbs): 7.25
  • Power consumption 45w on highest setting
Best for Medium and Large Rooms
True HEPA Filtration - captures 99.99% of airborne particles
UV-C kills bacteria, viruses and mold spores
Suitable for allergy sufferers, Reduces odors from pets
CADR SMOKE: 110, CADR POLLEN: 120, CADR DUST: 126.
Stands approximately 22-inches tall
Ultra Quiet-operation on Low Setting
2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Applicable Area: up to 400 ft2(38m2)
Best for Medium and Large Rooms True HEPA Filtration - captures 99.99% of airborne particles UV-C kills bacteria, viruses and mold spores Suitable for allergy sufferers, Reduces odors from pets and dust from birds Ultra Quiet-operation on Low Setting Applicable Area: up to 400 ft2(38m2)

Heaven Fresh NaturoPureTM HF290 Air Purifier helps you breathe with the purest air possible. From dust, pollen, pet dander, to mould it helps to eliminate virtually all impurities. The carbon pre-filter removes larger dust particles and light odors to freshen up your room.
HF 290 features easy to use control panel and electronics controls to ensure simple navigation of settings. Smart sensors monitor the filter condition and indicate when to clean filters.
Features
  • Air Ionizer
    to energize the air with health beneficial negative ions.
  • HEPA AIR FILTER

1 - Washable Pre-Filter. The air first enters the pre-filter capturing the largest particles, which enhances the durability and performance of the other filters.
2 - Washable Dust Collector Plates. The electrostatically-charged dust collector grid traps particles and pollutants like a magnet.
3 - Activated Carbon Filter. The best type of air filter for trapping chemicals, gases, odours and cigarette smoke. According to Penn State Dept. of Aerobiological researchers, carbon filters serve to remove odours, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and chemicals that other filters cannot
4 - High-Efficiency HEPA Filter. The most effective type of air filter at capturing dust, allergens and other solid particles (including bacteria). HEPA filters are recommended by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
5 - Germicidal UV Lamp. The most effective way to destroy micro-organisms, such as germs, viruses, fungi (such as mould) and bacteria. Also destroys micro-organisms including those that are trapped by the HEPA air filter, preventing them from reproducing and recirculating through the room. UV lamps are recommended by the U.S. Centres of Disease Control.
6 - Safe and Effective Ionizer. Circulates trillions of negative ions to neutralize floating pollutants throughout the room. A Journal of Hygiene study found negative ions to improve efficiency of filter units, and multiple studies (including those by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture) have found ionizers to be highly effective against dust, bacteria, etc. Finally, the Intelli-Pro ionizer is proven to be safe, producing virtually no ozone whatsoever.
Voltage: 220V AC/ 50~60Hz
Power Consumption: 55 Watts (Highest Fan Setting)
Negative Ion Output: Up to 1,000,000/cm3
Sound Level (dB): Sound Level (dB): 61
Air Volume: l110cfm (Highest Fan Setting)
HEPA Filter Removal Rate: 99.97% at 0.03 microns
Dimension 10" x 7" x 22"
Weight: 9.13lbs
Applicable Are Up to 270 sq. ft.

(The pictures are for the second one)

Why is everything so difficult? I can't get rabbit Air? And I'm on a budget (the three are on similar price range), my bedroom is just dusty all the time, I leave the room with and irritated chest, coughing and sneezing etc. I hover and dust multiple times a week idk what to do anymore so I thought air purifier idk which is best though.

Attachments

Jas

Real Name
Jasmine
What are your thought on air purifiers? Are they worth it? It's not like I have cockatoos or tiels, but the dust is everywhere.

Birbs&Poodles

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Julia
I don't have an air purifier, but have been thinking of one as well. Not only for the birds, but they are supposed to be good for managing asthma as well.

Jas

Real Name
Jasmine
Yeah, my mum has asthma and sometimes can't breathe in the bird room/my bedroom.

alexmait

Meeting neighbors
I'm not familiar with air purifiers but I would lean towards one without an ionizer or where the ionizer can be switched off. This article mentions that ozone is not good for birds...Clean Air for You and Your Birds - Ozone Generators, Ionizers or Air Purifiers

Even when I'm in a room with an ionizer running, it makes me feel faint.

I think having at least a prefilter, carbon filter, and true hepa filter are most important. Germicidal lamp is good too...but along with strengthening one's immune system through nutrition.

Last edited: