• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm practically crying

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
So the journey with Slade has been a long one. I expected it since the poor guy was traumatized and I was his 4th home at 8 years of age (he's now 9). We've been making bigger steps again lately and just a little bit ago he ran down onto my chest and begun putting his head to my mouth for kisses and putting his head under my chin while I petted him. I didn't ever expect him to love me this much and part of me doesn't even know why he does. But, as I sit here with him falling asleep on my chest for the first time I'm crying tears of joy.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awesome trust

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm so happy you've gotten so far with him :) I have been privileged to "see" your relationship progress since he came home with you and my heart is so happy for you both!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

You've been feeding your bird's spirit. He's been returning the favour. It's what it's all about. :hug8:

Cat The Great

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
That's great that he has progressed so far with you!:heart::heart: I hope that he continues to progress and surprise you for many years to come. :)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
So the journey with Slade has been a long one. I expected it since the poor guy was traumatized and I was his 4th home at 8 years of age (he's now 9). We've been making bigger steps again lately and just a little bit ago he ran down onto my chest and begun putting his head to my mouth for kisses and putting his head under my chin while I petted him. I didn't ever expect him to love me this much and part of me doesn't even know why he does. But, as I sit here with him falling asleep on my chest for the first time I'm crying tears of joy.
There's nothing more special than when your bird decides to give their ultimate trust and seek comfort and companionship from us.... regular people just don't understand or know what a special, very special moment this is. I'm so happy for you and Slade!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
That's awesome morgan. I have always found that the birds that love the most and offer the greatest trust, are usually rescues that have been rehomed a few times..they want love, and really want to trust in you. With patience these always come back 10 fold.

Last edited: