• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

im not sure if this is emergency or not but i have to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sherry
raven our nanday has fishy breath she has ben eating rudy bush my question is can this just be a hormanal thing or possibale crop infection i cant really find to much info on it but this is the first time ive smelled this from her and she hasnt eaten anything fishy im going to check her breath in the morning and if this keeps up i may just call the vet monday ive delt with a bird with a yeast infection befor but it never smelled fishy and ravens never had anything wrong with her befor this is the first time ive even smelled this on any birds breath befor

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
I don't know about "fishy" breath. That term to me mean "spoiled or bad"....Do you have any Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar on hand to put into her water to see if that helps?
Or fresh pineapple or papaya for her to eat...the enzymes in those foods help break down the foods they have eaten if there are issues.:hug8:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you can notice a foul smell, I recommend she see an avian vet for a crop culture to check for yeast or bacteria.

Magic

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sherry
it wasnt spoiled or foul it just smelled like a fish and today the smell went away i called the vet and asked her she asked me what she had eaten and i said chicken ,apples and herbs and her rudy bush the vet said it was probly the conbow of it all and said wait and see if she still has the smell in a couple days if she does bring her in but she said she felt it wasnt any thing to be worried over . and she also told me other ppl have had there birds checked for the same reason and it wasnt any thing wrong with there crops or blood tests just a cause of fish breath . so we will see how things go the next few days

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Keep us updated if it comes back...interesting...:hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
How old is the roudybush? I find that if it's old it has a weird odd smell.

Ginger

Status
Not open for further replies.