• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm in trouble now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Today I finally gave Lucy the last but of her frozen pomegranate that I had stashed this winter and now I am trying to figure out what to since this was her favorite food by far. I found these what do you all think? Has any one tried them? Dried Pomegranates - Pomegranates - Dried Fruit - NutsOnline
I hope they do or I will have a very unhappy birdie pretty soon:eek::hehe:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It looks like a good alturnative to me.

Matt

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Today I finally gave Lucy the last but of her frozen pomegranate that I had stashed this winter and now I am trying to figure out what to since this was her favorite food by far. I found these what do you all think? Has any one tried them? Dried Pomegranates - Pomegranates - Dried Fruit - NutsOnline
I hope they do or I will have a very unhappy birdie pretty soon:eek::hehe:
Be aware that these have sugar added.
We had samples sent from another source - but they tasted sooooo artificially sweet. (and were not organic)

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Be aware that these have sugar added.
We had samples sent from another source - but they tasted sooooo artificially sweet. (and were not organic)
Dang! I knew they were too good to be true! It looks like the search shall continue.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Saroj and someone else get some in the frozen foods at their grocery (if I remember right)

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Saroj and someone else get some in the frozen foods at their grocery (if I remember right)
Yes...we sometimes have them available locally (frozen) at Costco or Thriftys.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
I remembered reading that somewhere. I havent seen any at my stores but will continue to look. I checked online and says tha tthey are available at wholefoods but we don't have one:(

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Logan,
I got the freeze dried ones...no one really cared for them. Fresh we don't get here. I am able to give my guys poms from oct-april after which i say tough, it is out of season, now be quiet and eat your apples and berries!:p
And they do....after a week of mutiny :lol:

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Thanks for the input Saroj! And you are so lucky you have such a long season for them! We dont get them here until late December early January:( I will keep looking for the frozen ones and hope I get lucky and now I have learned my lesson and buy like 50 poms next winter so we can get through the off season and we will all be happy:D

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
I had enough pom to last to April and then cherry season started. They seem to be an OK substitute for my guys. For my smaller Hahns I cut the cherry into 8 pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.