• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Im in Love.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
With a Peach Faced Lovebird:heart::heart::heart:
I went to the shop I usually go to for Indys food today (on my own), I normally look at all the birds before I buy anything, I looked in the big bird room but the door was closed, so I went over the other side and looked at the canaries, tiny doves, the two 'teils (wanted both) and then looked up and saw a pair of blue lovebirds sitting on a perch looking contented, wandered off, came back and heard this high pitched "peep", looked up and there was this peach faced lovebird clinging to the side of the same cage the blues were in peeping with all his heart and soul, I know they normally only keep pairs, so looked for the other one but couldnt find it.
I picked up my things, and asked at the checkout if they sold Lovies as singles, she said normally no, but they had got a single one at the moment.
Ive asked Alan to get it for me for Valentines, I have a spare cage, but its taller rather than wider, and its got tiny bars, and its only £30............

But to come down to earth with a bump, would it work as a friend for Indy? Am I in the right frame of mind with all this depression? Should I just not bother?

I know they are fiesty little minxes.

Help????

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Probably not really as a "companion" for Indy.
Akira and Elvis pretty much do their own thing. And Archie and Ella are terrified of them and usually leave them to their own devices. Akira and Elvis leave the conures alone as well and don't bother them either.

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
Thats something to think about Natalie, because I would probably end up getting other friends for both Indy and the lovie.

Lovebird57

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Amy
I've had nothing but singles. Mango doesn't care for Kito so I don't count that as a pair. :) Anyway, Mango has always found a cockatiel to pal around with. My previous male lovebird did the same thing. If you get this single, it will seek out the other birds. It's just in their nature. They also can be very aggressive towards the bird that is not the object of its affection. Your other birds might not care for that kind of attention. And you never know from day to day if they will go after the other birds.
If this is a tame lovie, you will need to make time for just him/her to keep it chilled. :cool:

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
Every bird is different and it's possible they might get along,but you would have to be prepared in case they don't. I used to have a Quaker and PFLB that got along great,of course they were never alone together and didn't share a cage but they were best friends.

You also will have to be prepared in case the bird turns out to be a female because they can become quite nesty and cage territorial/aggressive. There's nothing wrong with that,but you should be ready in case it were to happen =)

Lolle

Real Name
Louise
Every bird is different and it's possible they might get along,but you would have to be prepared in case they don't. I used to have a Quaker and PFLB that got along great,of course they were never alone together and didn't share a cage but they were best friends.

You also will have to be prepared in case the bird turns out to be a female because they can become quite nesty and cage territorial/aggressive. There's nothing wrong with that,but you should be ready in case it were to happen =)

What a great picture!

You wont ever know with lovebirds.. Mine i thought were all singles, now they have formed pairs.. The ones that was pairs are now single or gotten a new best friend..

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
Louise what a great picture.
Ive just called the store because I couldnt get the little lovie out of my head and its already been sold :(

Lolle

Real Name
Louise
Louise what a great picture.
Ive just called the store because I couldnt get the little lovie out of my head and its already been sold :(
Thank you.
Well if your going to Denmark, i have around 13 lovebirds that needs a lovely home. Unless the bank wants to give me a house to live in, instead of this small apartment..

ScurvyGoat

Moving in
Real Name
Lindsay
I'm sorry hun! Everything happens for a reason though- Maybe it wouldn't have worked well with your other birds. I just rescued a severely depressed Peach Faced from a pet store. I cried over the bird for a week before we went back. He didn't peep when we walked in and I thought maybe he sold and my heart sank. Then we rounded the corner and there he was. Poor thing is a complete wreck. I've figured out he's TERRIFIED of fingers, so that helps keep his panic attacks down. I tried looking for a home, but we figured he would do best where he is and are keeping him. All the people who said they were interested ended up saying no. I know I was meant to find him and help him. Maybe there's a lovie out there like Frankie for you. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.