• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

IM BACK !!! cockatiel or lovebird !

Juliette

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Juliette
hey guys !!!
i havent been here for a long long while but thats because ive been studying so much ! and im getting super good grades ... and i have finally decided a big big big decission , yes i still want ti get a parrot but i have decided to go to a smaller size , why ? because i feel it would fit me better , i would give it all my time etc... but i do not want anyone in my family intimitaded by it !so it has gone to cockatiel or lovebird ..m what do you guys think ? i always said no no no to these birds but i think they might fit better then conures or lorries or macaws ...
you guys must hate me for asking so many qyestiins and doubting so much
but i really do want the best fit so what do you guys think a cockatiel or a lovebird ?
id like a birdie that enjoys some cuddles , playing , and a little crazy etc...
missed you all ! :heart: :heart: :heart:

MyAussieFriends

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyssa
Definitely a male lovebird. I know this term gets thrown around a lot, but they really are big birds in little bodies! My experience with kiwi has been extremely positive. He enjoys more cuddle handling then the cockatiels, and he plays on his back and cuddles in pockets, cleavage, and hoods (super cute!)

Juliette

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Juliette
Definitely a male lovebird. I know this term gets thrown around a lot, but they really are big birds in little bodies! My experience with kiwi has been extremely positive. He enjoys more cuddle handling then the cockatiels, and he plays on his back and cuddles in pockets, cleavage, and hoods (super cute!)
Exactly what i want , i always wanted a larger parrot , first i was thinking about a mini macaw , but i want my family members to be able to play with the new family member snd i think they would be intimidated by the macaws beak , i really want a playful , cuddly bird ... First i i though cockatiels are better for me since they are larger , my grandma used to have lovebirds though ... And well they are extremly cute ...

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I have both...4 tiels and one lovebird. My tiels (well 3 of them are much more cuddly than my lovebird - a female) My lovebird can be very nippy and truthfully her bite is much more painful than any of my tiels. From what I have heard - a male lovebird is more easy going than a female. I have had both male and female tiels - although some of my male tiels are very pleasant and somewhat cuddly - the 2 female tiels I have had are very cuddly. All tiels I have had have known to be skittish at times and a little more fearful - my lovie appears to be totally fearless!

My lovie used to belong to my sis and her family. She had 2 lovies at one time - one male and a female. The male generally was more friendly than the female. Together - they were what you might refer to as "crazy". Loved watching them play together! But, definitely a love/hate relationship. :( Had to be separated at times. Both had permanent scars(holes) in their beaks from their attacks on each other. The male died several years ago. I now have the female. She is not as nippy as she used to be but I still fear a bite from her.