• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

im a new bird owner xc

sheeps

Moving in
i have this conure that flew into my house and ive been taking care of it for about five months now. i wanted to know if anyone had any tips or tricks on taking care of this kind of bird

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
First, what kind of conure?

Did you try to find the owners?

What have you been doing with it for the past few months?

sheeps

Moving in
hes?she is a green cheek conure and i have been keeping a eye out for lost bird signs around my neighborhood. for the mean time while hes?she with me i bought a cage,a bunch of toys ,bird food a decent quality one with a mix of fruits and mainly pellets no sun flower seeds and no food coloring's hes?she seems to be chill and likes attention almost like a dog . also i plan to take the bird to a avain hospital soon is there any questions i should ask the doctor ? thanks for replying btw you are a blessing

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum. Birds should have vegetables too. You can try chopping up things life broccoli, squash, peppers, etc. Leafy greens are good too. Cooked sweet potato. Some fruit. No onions or avocados though. Those are bad for birds. What is his cage like? When you go to the vet, he will likely do a wellness exam and run some general tests like a gram stain.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Beyond keeping an eye out for lost posters, you should proactively search. Report the bird found to vets, including non-bird vets, & to your municipal shelter. Put online classified found ads on websites & newspapers. Don't add pictures to the online ads or necessarily even state species. Found bird, e-mail to identify will do.

Do what you'd want done if this were your bird. :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
They need fairly large cages: Wingspan Info | Natural Inspirations Parrot cages

A diet with Pellets and fresh foods, seeds as treats

Lots of toys to shred and destroy: List of Vendors and AA Store Profiles

Routine veterinary care

A Healthy human relationship
ballance-behavior-and-training-petting-the-pet-parrot-updated-version-10-3.jpg

And definitely look for the owners more than just lost posters. Birds can end up miles away from home. As someone who lost a green cheek conure 5 years ago I can tell you my heart still breaks thinking someone found her and didn't try to get her back to me. Check with vets, shelters, Facebook groups, etc.

sheeps

Moving in
Beyond keeping an eye out for lost posters, you should proactively search. Report the bird found to vets, including non-bird vets, & to your municipal shelter. Put online classified found ads on websites & newspapers. Don't add pictures to the online ads or necessarily even state species. Found bird, e-mail to identify will do.

Do what you'd want done if this were your bird. :)
of course if i remember correctly he flew into my house during a riot in my area i dont remember what month since i wasnt keeping track at the time
They need fairly large cages: Wingspan Info | Natural Inspirations Parrot cages

A diet with Pellets and fresh foods, seeds as treats

Lots of toys to shred and destroy: List of Vendors and AA Store Profiles

Routine veterinary care

A Healthy human relationship
View attachment 376915

And definitely look for the owners more than just lost posters. Birds can end up miles away from home. As someone who lost a green cheek conure 5 years ago I can tell you my heart still breaks thinking someone found her and didn't try to get her back to me. Check with vets, shelters, Facebook groups, etc.
il be taking him?her to the vet asap he didnt have a caller or anything of that sort when the bird flew into my house i know they have good memory so idk if you know anything i could do to confirm that he is okay with the other person whenever i return him . i understand where you are coming from i would like to get him home but im also a +A and above babysitter so until then i got the birds back lol