• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'll Swing for you 2: Electric Boogaloo

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I planned on ordering just mini skewerz from Seriously Nutz on Sunday but remembered that only Bubbles and Qwackers had I'll Swing for you in their cage and were having a blast with it.

I had enough in my toy budget to order another for Watson and Cuddles and SN came through in spades. I love one and done toys as my toy making skills are wonkey (ok, crappy to poor)

Refillable toys are a joy, slide in new parts and you can say "oh my gosh guys, a new swing!"

Depending on the perch size you order ( I get the thinnest) this gets my highest recommendation for smaller birds and depending on their toy part killing skills and your own creativity they have a "new swing" every week.

A big Mahalo to SN for filling my skewerz with conure friendly parts for free.

I hope if your reading this, you are not getting a "look what I got" vibe. I think it's important to share thoughts and reviews of products that can enrich our birds lives as well as products that could have a negative impact as well. I hope to post pictures of Watson and Cuddles tomorrow on the swing but for now:
IMG_20200319_2240073.jpg IMG_20200319_2238469.jpg IMG_20200319_2239572.jpg

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
It gives me so much perspective to see them on toys!

Being that your sweetie is so small, would you say the length of that type of swing should be shortened?

Look how cute they are!!

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
It gives me so much perspective to see them on toys!

Being that your sweetie is so small, would you say the length of that type of swing should be shortened?

Look how cute they are!!
No, it's the perfect length.

Mahalo again, when our guys are happy and express it, you have no idea how happy it makes my 62 YO retired army veteran partner (pictured holding swing) who suffers from PTSD and happy birds are the best medicine.

Sorry to hear about your employment status and you have every right to be in a funky mood but I hope you knowing that your toys entertain birds but helps the human owners in some way lifts a bit of that funk.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
No, it's the perfect length.

Mahalo again, when our guys are happy and express it, you have no idea how happy it makes my 62 YO retired army veteran partner (pictured holding swing) who suffers from PTSD and happy birds are the best medicine.

Sorry to hear about your employment status and you have every right to be in a funky mood but I hope you knowing that your toys entertain birds but helps the human owners in some way lifts a bit of that funk.
Yes, absolutely makes us smile to have happy customers!

Thank you for your kind words, truly. While having our employment suspended is difficult we also believe it's necessary. Our situation is not any different than the millions of others. We are fortunate that we are together and we are all healthy which many can not say.

In all honesty, despite fear of the unknown, we are making the most of our time together. Eating, laughing and spending more time together than we do in months. Our jobs are not gone forever, everyone just needs to take this break. :)

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Macawnutz

I should have elaborated on the length, you know birds like to climb to the top and it's the perfect length for their size. They climb to the top to chew the toys and make their way down.

I don't even worry about Watson with his seizures and balance issues. He fell twice, hit the padding in the cage and went right back up. The cage ceiling is lower for him so it's a small drop but he wants to climb to the top like everyone else.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I so wish Rupert trusted swings, but he really prefers things that are stationary.

PS, I love seeing pictures of the goodies you get for your flock. :)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Not the best pics.
You're wrong, Sir. ;) Cute birdies excited about their new toy? Those are the best pics! :loveshower::bliss:

I especially love how they're not even afraid of it. "We get new, fantastic toys like this all the time!" You can tell they're used to getting spoiled, just like they deserve. :swoon:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Secret loves her swing. She won't sit on it...... yet....... toys have to be there for years before THAT much trust. Meanwhile, I refill away with balsa chunks or pieces from my stash.