• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

If you didn't know

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Is it any different than their course food? (looks to be HP instead of AL like the course?)

Only vets in my area carry Harrison's... don't know that any have the trial type. Hmm... Did go to a store yesterday (2 hours away) that carries Harrison's but I don't know if they have the trial type either.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I have not seen this yet from any of my Distributors to buy yet. I am not sure how well it will be received by birds that are already eating and doing well on the HP course.

I feed the HP course with my Too. To try to change her due to the new flavor I probably won't.

Those who's birds like the pepper will get an advantage to the HP for sure if they have any liver or kidney issues if they don't like the original version.

Last edited:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Parrotlets typically love their chillies and they also do better on a lower protein, at least for the mutated parrotlets. The High Potency should be find for Paulie since you are diligent about giving him fresh foods. :D

If another viewer is looking, I would use caution on too high of protein pellets with mutated parrotlets. Pellets should not make up the bulk of their diet. They should be considered more as a nutritional supplement. The risks are associated with kidney health. Pellets are safer to use if your bird is already an avid veggie eater. :)
Here is Harrison's analysis to help you make your selection.
Analysis Chart | Harrison's Bird Foods