• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

if you could own any animal in the world. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fommy

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rhonda
Go all out with those fishies. If i had more money then time Id be right with you.

If I could go all out......I would have a professional trainer work with me and my fabies so we could go Outside with out harnesses or cages. I am a simple person.

Oh and I would change the world to MY liking.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Unrealistically african elephants, black panther, king cobra and Amazon river dolphins.
Realistically I would love to have a English mastiff
Wait... ethically and realistically, or unethically and unrealistically? Because if I could have any animal in the world in a totally unreasonable context... probably spotted hyenas. No way private owners could meet all of their needs in captivity, but if it was somehow magically possible, THOSE all the way. Seriously if I could sit around and watch a clan of spotted hyenas all day, win. But I think I'll leave those in the wild where they belong. ;)

As for animals I could realistically, ethically have? I have been wanting button quail FOREVER now. Determined to get some, one day...
I actually know of a place you can by some hand raised hyenas...

RandomWiktor

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ren
Heh, hence my saying "ethically and realistically." I don't think a powerful predator that lives in clans that can number over 30 with complex social and behavioral needs belongs in captivity in private hands even IF you can buy one. ;)

newf

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I would have a pot bellied pig, or of the new ones they started breeding that are real tiny.

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
A Gypsy Vanner mare & a Friesian stallion!

:heart: $$$ :heart: $$$ :heart: $$$

southernbirds

Their manes and tails look like gorgeous feathers. What beautiful animals. I can see why you would choose these horses.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Heh, hence my saying "ethically and realistically." I don't think a powerful predator that lives in clans that can number over 30 with complex social and behavioral needs belongs in captivity in private hands even IF you can buy one. ;)
What you don't want an animal that can snap your arm off in one bite:hehe: When I saw them for sale my jaw dropped I was in shock and I continued to look and they had a rhino, hippo, lions, tigers, etc. Yes they would be amazing to have but not with my finaces and experience.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Oh one more for the unrealistic list is a white lion. I just saw one on the site that has the hyenas and they are just beautiful.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

HMMM....I guess I would want an Aldabra Tortoise Colony of 2 females and 1 male. I would also need about an acre of cement barriered land that could withstand theyre enormous weight of 300-400 lbs. I would also need a very shallow pond for them to wade in and soak. This is a realistic but yet very unrealistic due to climate in Michigan. Unless I had a heated Barn that also was built of cement that could withstand the 300-400 lb trying to climb and walk through the walls.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
HMMM....I guess I would want an Aldabra Tortoise Colony of 2 females and 1 male. I would also need about an acre of cement barriered land that could withstand theyre enormous weight of 300-400 lbs. I would also need a very shallow pond for them to wade in and soak. This is a realistic but yet very unrealistic due to climate in Michigan. Unless I had a heated Barn that also was built of cement that could withstand the 300-400 lb trying to climb and walk through the walls.
if you are going to go that big might as well go with som galops:D

Pocky

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Monika
German Shepherd, Border collie, 20+ adopted cats(the cats no one wants), 3-4 snakes all different kinds, A hamster, Rabbit(s), A goat, 3 horses, Chicken(s) for eggs, 4+ Ducks, 2 Canadian gooses, Swan(s), 2 Turkeys, as pets,

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
OH YES! I would like an aldabra tortoise too! The local breeder I got my Indian star tort from breeds them. They're amazing & *oh so* cute!

Here are their precious, precious babies: http://www.theturtlesource.com/tortoise_inventory.asp?cat=444&id=225689767

bookworm

Jogging around the block
Real Name
thou
any animal in the world...well, since this is just for fun, i'd like a cheetah, tiger, or a dolphin :) though i couldn't really care for them. the first two will probably eat me alive and i'd drown trying to swim w/ the dolphin. now if only unicorns and dragons were real, then i'd want me some of those!!

Status
Not open for further replies.