• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Identifying cockatiel type

Shilpa

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shilpa
:bump4:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Wow, I'd say the male is also a pearl as he has not lost all of them.

Wonder what @Monica would say?

Cute chicks, I wish you well? Are the male & female related? Not sure about the genetics of the lutino or albino. Would guess albino was recessive & if its not sex linked both parents would need to be split to it.

Help @Monica

Manojpandi

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Manoj pandian
Wow, I'd say the male is also a pearl as he has not lost all of them.

Wonder what @Monica would say?

Cute chicks, I wish you well? Are the male & female related? Not sure about the genetics of the lutino or albino. Would guess albino was recessive & if its not sex linked both parents would need to be split to it.

Help @Monica
Thanks for your response....No the parents are not related i bought them at different time period...

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
The parents do appear to be whiteface pearls. If you had any tail feathers from the male, that would be an easy way to confirm it. Pearl males have mottling at the base of the tail feathers.

Even if you purchased the parents at separate times, if you bought them from the same place they could still be related.

The red eye chick could be either Ino or fallow. If Ino, then the chick is a female and dad is split for Ino. If fallow, then both parents are split and chick could be male or female. Most chicks with red eyes tend to be Inos though. Would not be surprised if chick is also cinnamon.